Hotel Bifrost(Bifrost)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscountry hotelring roadfarm animalshot tubworking farmlambnorthern lightsheading northblueberry saucefriendly dogsexcellent restaurantsmall waterfalllong drivehamburgergreat lunchboth nightslocal beer
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I stayed here at the end of a 16 day tour and didn't have high expectations mainly as the location is right by the road #1. However from the greeting on arrival everything was faultless. An excellent evening meal and breakfast, comfy room. There was also the interest of the animals which would be great for youngsters. The only possible faults would be that the room seemed very hot (rectified by opening the window) ... also the walls are quite thin so noise from your neighbours could be an issue to some. The location is excellent as it's about 2 and a half hours to Keflavik airport and just near the start of the road to the Westfjords. There are not really any alternatives for dinner arrangements that to eat at the hotel ... but with the quality I think I'd be reluctant to go elsewhere anyway. The lamb I had was one of thebest meals in Iceland.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2014

If you love animals as my 7year old daughter does, this is the place for you. They have cows, sheep, pigs, ducks, horses, chickens and two very friendly dogs. The yellow lab dog Isabella followed my daughter everywhere (even into our room once!). We stayed 2 nights, and dinner both nights was good (lamb with blueberry sauce and a naan pizza with beef were both delicious). Staff is really helpful and nice; they invite you to help feed the animals if you like. There are two hot tubs with a stream view. The rooms are cozy (small), but are bright and are decorated with IKEA furnishings and linens; our room had a shower.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We were booked here by a travel agency and arrived at dinner time. There weren't many other choices for dining so we ate at the hotel. The lamb dinner was excellent. The meat was from the farm next door. We enjoyed the stream and duck pond and the hot tubs beside the stream, the gorgeous view and the friendly horses. Breakfast was also excellent, especially the fresh bread. Would definitely go back if ever in Iceland.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I'm Icelandic and have been in the restaurant business for just over 3 years in Reykjavik. I had the pulled pork sandwich which was amazing! Everything that they can get fresh they'll get fresh. The people with me had hamburgers (3 varieties) which were some of the best burgers that I've had. Their food is really cheap considering what you are getting. You will get more than you pay for. The servers could've been a bit more attentive. They are forgiven since the food and atmosphere was so good. Note, I didn't stay at the Hotel only stopped there for supper.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We spent our second last night in Iceland here before heading into Reyjkavik.
Had a very enjoyable stay.....rooms were decent size as were the bathrooms...well lit with adequate storage and comfortable. Shower floors were very slippery so caution is needed. All very clean. Free wifi in rooms.
Staff were friendly and personable.
Breakfast was Icelandic standard with scrambled eggs added.
We had dinner here and enjoyed it...aside from 4 or 5 entrees ( fish,lamb,horse etc ), they offered a variety of pizza like toppings on either naan bread or corn tortillas...these were excellent and made for a very nice change of pace.
It is a working farm and you can help feed the. baby lambs if you like...a couple of very friend labs as well
Its about 90 minutes from cente of Reyjkavikbut a world away..just of Highway 1 but very quiet

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple