We stayed here for 2 nights as part of our drive around the island package. The hotel/restaurant staff were very welcoming and friendly. The large room was comfortable with nice linens and a comfortable bed. The bathroom was also roomy with a tub. Our room (141) was the back of the hotel with a view of the golf course (do people really golf here with all the rain?), and hot tub. There was a door to the small patio with two chairs (in case the weather was dry).
The breakfast buffet was very good with lots to choose from and the option to make waffles. We ate dinner one evening and only dessert the second evening. For the first evening, my husband had the horse steak and I had the cod. Both entrees were quite tasty, nicely presented, and the waiter was efficient. The menu is small so we ate dinner the second night at a restaurant on the peninsula. The chocolate plate dessert was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Icelandair Hotel Hamar is a relaxing retreat-style hotel built on an 18-hole golf course in West Iceland, a region rich in saga history. In addition to golf, there are several other exciting outdoor activities available, ensuring a most pleasant and interesting stay in any season.Located about an hour’s drive north of Reykjavik, in the quaint, beautiful town of Borgarnes, the Icelandair Hotel Hamar is surrounded by immense natural beauty and fascinating attractions – this is a place where you can really get away from it all while not sacrificing one bit on the comfort of your accommodations.Each guestroom has doors that open directly out unto the hotel grounds, providing great access and comfort. Added to this, there’s a host of modern in-room features, including under-floor heating to keep you warm, whatever the weather. Best of all, after an exciting day of sightseeing, golf, whale watching, snowmobiling or hiking, you can relax in one of our geothermal-heated outdoor hot tubs.The managers and staff of Icelandair Hotel Hamar extend a warm welcome to you and stand ready to make your West Iceland trip unforgettable ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Icelandair Hotel Hamar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Icelandair Hotel Borgarnes
- Icelandair Hotel Hamar Iceland/Borgarnes