“Always great”

Ranked #10 of 484 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
“Always great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Always consistent with their food, rice is never under or overcooked and the lunch prices are phenomenal. You get quite a bit of food for a matter of a few dollars.

Visited June 2014

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Good, but I am used to more authentic Thai and Vietnamese”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The food is tasty, if you are hungry for that asian flavor, but I am used to more authentic Thai and Vietnamese restaurants. I think it is fine for mainstream. I like my Pho, and tom yom, and it tends to go a bit more on the sweet, than spicy side, even tho I ordered spicy. I think the average diner might like it for a change in the area, as it has a good flavor change to the palate, but someone looking for authenticity may be a little disappointed. The restaurant was clean, and the prices reasonable. We tried several different dishes, including fresh rolls, lad na, tom yom, and stir fry, to name a few. My extended family, that does not eat spicy, or Thai regularly, very much enjoyed the food. This is why I feel it would be enjoyed by the average diner. So, I think it is worth your try. They are friendly people, as well.

• Visited November 2013
Bloomington, Indiana, USA
“Delicious and Reasonable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Our family group was scoping out potential wedding rehearsal dinner locations. My partner had found Little Saigon in a web search, and since we both enjoy various Asian cuisines, we decided to check it out. The building is unprepossessing from the outside, but the delicious odors hit you as soon as you open the door. On the inside, the restaurant is comfortable but nothing fancy. But once the food arrives, you won't care. We started with several appetizers including dumplings, summer rolls and fried tofu. All of these were delightful. Note that the serving of fried tofu would serve several people just on its own. Three of the people in our group ordered from lunch specials which included a generous bowl of either vegetable or egg drop soup and an egg roll. Everyone pronounced their dishes delicious. The lunch specials do tend toward Asian restaurant standards such as sweet and sour chicken, but the main menu lives up to the promise of Vietnamese and Thai cuisine promised on the sign. I ordered the Vietnamese crepe. This was at least twice the size I expected. Stuffed with shrimp, pork and vegetables with a vinegar-y dipping sauce, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The service was friendly (if sometimes a little hard to understand.) Food came promptly. And when the check came--that was a very pleasant surprise indeed!

• Visited May 2014
Illinois
“Very good food - Great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

My son and I ate off the lunch menu. The food was very good. Service was quick and efficient and I could not believe the price.

The restaurant was very clean and nicely decorated. We will definitely eat here again.

• Visited March 2014
Downers Grove, Illinois
“Some of the best Vietnamese food I've had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

When I'm in Springfield, I stop here. It looks like a hole in the wall, but once inside, very charming. The staff is great and the food better! The crab rangoon is so light and crispy that I could make a meal just out of them, but then, I'd miss the wonton soup and main dishes. I like spicy and they have enough choices on the menu to make sure everyone can find something they'll like.

• Visited March 2014