“Brunch was Great!”

Ranked #32 of 489 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: US$8 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mariah's is a locally owned and operated steakhouse. Operated by Sam, Mary & Mariah! We serve high quality steaks & homemade pasta dishes. We also have the top ranked Sunday Brunch in central Illinois (which is open every Sunday from 10am-2pm). We cater, we take large parties, we make special menus, we have special (private) rooms! We have it all here at Mariah's! Come see us & enjoy a great time with your friends, family and co workers.
“Brunch was Great!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I went for Brunch with a friend. It was my pick for my birthday. It was a good pick! Omelets and Belgian waffles made to order and the best part about that is that I didn't have to stand and wait for either one. I made my selections on paper, the server took it and then delivered it to the table. I've never been to a restaurant where that was offered. I had warm syrup on my waffle and the most wonderful piece of chocolate mousse cake, The lunch offerings looked wonderful, too. I tried a little pasta, but I was too full of breakfast. I will have to go back. The service was excellent. We didn't have to wait for anything.

“Mariah's brunch”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This was the best brunch we hav had in a long time, the service was outstanding, and the manager was very engaged w his customers. I cannot believe the variety of food and want to return tonight for the veal canaloni :). The atmosphere is outstanding.

Springfield, Illinois
“Mariah's is so good that it could rank in the top 10 restaurants even in Chicago....and that is saying something!”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

There are so many excellent points about Mariah's that I don't know where to begin! Let me try to list the many reasons that Mariah's is my favorite restaurant...1. The Sunday brunch and week-day lunch buffets are EXCELLENT!!! The variety is amazing!!!!! Too many items for me to list. 2. The presentation of the food great! 3. The service was WONDERFUL! 4. The servers are very sharp people, friendly, and so helpful. 4. The building is beautiful! (even the bathrooms!) 5. Love the linen table cloths! 6. It is very easy to visit with your friends....not noisy. 6. The owner, Sam, is very friendly and greets the guests. 7. We had our son's party there for his medical school graduation several years ago and it was great....they certainly know how to put on a dinner party....everyone loved it!! 8. Lastly, but most important to me is the cleanliness of the restaurant.....they are listed as one of the two cleanest restaurants in Springfield....WOW!!!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restaurant I've been to in years!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

When my parents come and visit me here in Springfield, I always have the same delema. Finding a good place to eat that has food that has you saying: "Well that wasn't a total loss" after you are done. And I want it to be a change of scenery from all the big name places we already know.
So, I after spending a good amount of time researching on the Internet, I always end up with the conclusion that there really isn't anything exquisit nor as satisfying as we had hoped to find in this big city. Even places that are highly praised in online reviews we find ourselves disappointed with either average or mediocre quality of food. Which has made me really cautious about their validity (could be written by friends of the owner for all I know).
But when I saw the menu of Mariah's and read some of the positive reviews it got, I knew right away that this place was different.
So we decided to try it (not knowing of all the hidden treasures of goodness waiting for us).
From the very start, we were greeted by the owner and his family. We were a little surprised about it because we weren't expecting it nor does it happen often during our frequent dining ventures. He also sat with us and pointed out a few recommendations on the menu (all of which turned out to be excellent!).
We ended up ordering the unlimited salad and soup as appetizers. Those were an excellent start! The soup- beef vegetables- was really well made. You can easily tell it was made from fresh, homemade ingredients. The flavor was very rich, and it wasn't too salty as with most other places we've been to.
The salad was also fresh and seemed as if it was hand prepared.
The owner was very friendly, and was readily available for friendly chit-chat and to cater to our every need. He was VERY generous and even sent us a sample of his ravioli on the house.
Then we had the special of the day (Chicken Parmesan, Alfredo pasta and jumbo fried shrimp). This was easily the best chicken Parmesan I have ever had. It had the exact right balance of flavores with no one flavor overpowering the others. The ingredients were fresh and it had the perfect salt content. I enjoyed my dish to the last bite.
Then the server informed us about their specialty cheesecake deserts. She told us that she knows they are very good from experience. We decided to try the upside-down pineapple cheesecake and the blueberry white cream cheesecake. They were indeed as impressive as the server made them out to be. The owner, Sam, was again very generous and treated us with a piece of pudding bread desert and it was indeed a delight to eat too!

I highly recommend Mariah's to anyone who is looking for something different and tasteful here in Springfield. They have high quality entrees, a relaxing and inviting atmosphere, a friendly staff and the best service I have ever seen in a long time. I can't wait to try all the other items on the menu and I bet you will feel the same way too!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank DrJaafar
Springfield, Illinois
“A great place to make memories”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We have been going to Mariah's for many years and have made some wonderful memories there...got engaged, had our rehearsal dinner, enjoyed a New Year's Eve dinner, celebrated our 4th anniversary and recently went with my parents to celebrate their 45th Anniversary! The service is outstanding, the food is delicious and the owner is very friendly. Mariah's is so special to us and we hope to mark more special occasions by going there many times in the future!

• Visited September 2013