“Love the food there; It's ok and our family had a good time”
Review of White Oaks Mall

White Oaks Mall
Ranked #22 of 57 things to do in Springfield
Moline, Illinois
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Love the food there; It's ok and our family had a good time”
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I used to work at the Cookie Factory store so my review might be biased. Our family actually had a good time there. We ate at the food court, with a good variety to choose from. My husband had a sub and my son and I had Chinese. We loved the food. Then I bought my son a cookie at the Cookie Factory downstairs. We actually had a great time, with many people in the mall on a Saturday before Christmas. On the other hand, there are really not much to look around or shop around. It has typically the stores a mall would have, but not as many as you would think.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Jackie J

Hinsdale, Illinois
169 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 147 helpful votes
“Was not impressed”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We expected more from this mall once we saw the review. The food court options were very limited and we had to leave to eat dinner. They are doing a renovation, maybe this will help.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank kenapastore
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“A decent enough mall for Central Illinois, but.....”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Local nickname: "White Folks Mall." That's because they built it as far from the "colored" section of Springfield as they possibly could. This limited mall is sort of a junior version of most large city malls. If you're accustomed to Los Angeles or Phoenix malls, you're going to walk in, take one look at the small place, and walk back out. But, they do have a few nice stores with a few hard-to-find items that you would have to track down elsewhere. Like all malls, prices are average or higher. No bargains in here. The usual clothing stores, miscellaneous high-end junk, jewelry, luggage, etc. The food court should be condemned! If I owned this mall, I would shut down the food court and go in with a fire hose full of Lysol to clean it out. Food court employees are minimum wage kids for the most part, and you KNOW how they don't care about what they're doing. It shows. Mall experience is tainted with all sorts of teenagers roaming around, not shopping but just hanging out and yelling at each other. Mall Rats. But, if you need something and don't happen to be flying to Los Angeles anytime soon, this mall will serve your purpose. Lots of parking, but the lot's spaces are a little too crowded. If you drive a small car, you'll get in fine. If you drive a larger car, be prepared to pick up scratches in the lot. They USED to have a nice movie theater in here, but that got shut down. WHY would a mall owner allow that to happen? (The theater may or may not be re-opened by the time you read this, but if you want to see a movie, you may be disappointed if you go here. Check in advance to see if they've re-opened any theaters.) As for me, I'll be in Los Angeles next week, where I can go shopping in a REAL mall. Be aware that right across the street to the West is another collection of shopping centers, and they have a lot of good stuff in there, too. Don't just confine your shopping to this pitiful little mall.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank GaryH0522
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“good mall”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

They are going to update the mall and the food court soon with better choices. I like the stores and the staff. Sometimes there are questionable people hanging around, but it is there mall too.
-Daughter

Visited December 2011
1 Thank FatherDaughterTravel
Danville, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“ok”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

the stores and everything are good, but the food joints in there arent very good. theres only like 5 options. The outside was a little ruff, you had hoodlems just hanging outside.

Visited October 2011