“One of the Best Downtown” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Moxo
Ranked #1 of 482 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Good for: Cheap Eats, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cafe Moxo is a locally owned and operated restaurant passionate about our food, service, employees and our customers.
Quincy, Illinois
“One of the Best Downtown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is one of my favorite places to go for lunch. The food is quick and delicious. They have plenty of seating, both inside and out.

• Visited August 2013
MarkF118, Owner at Cafe Moxo, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
We are thrilled to be a "fave" of your downtown. We look forward to seeing you soon and appreciate the review.

Springfield, IL
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stopped here for a late breakfast while shopping at the farmers' market. There were many unique choices, but I chose an egg strata which was very good. I had a bottomless cup of coffee which was quickly refilled when I took my cup back to the serving area. The place was very crowded but they were serving quickly to keep the line moving. It's cafeteria style service. I would have eaten outside to people watch, but my friends chose inside seating because it was hot outside. I can't wait to go back and try another unique dish.

• Visited June 2014
MarkF118, Owner at Cafe Moxo, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Chuck - your review really let's us know what/how we did that particular day, thanks for taking the time. We hope when you come back, you try lunch or another breakfast choice, just glad you have taken the time to let others know we are doing some good stuff @Moxo. Thanks
Shelburne, Vermont
“Normally I don't get misled by TA”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My mother and I were in Springfield on some family business and were desperately trying to find a nice place to sit down, get out of the heat and have a quick lunch. I am encouraged to see new development in this depressed downtown, but my expectations were set pretty high after reading reviews of the #2 eatery in Springfield. First of all it is a cafeteria style restaurant. It was very crowded and not well suited for a long line. The menu is creative and the Cha Cha was a decent interpretation of a Cuban sandwich. It would be nice if there were a better selection of cold drinks other than a sliding door, self service cooler (although they do offer a plastic cup with ice). The staff hustled to get the food out and were friendly, but it is a noisy, busy place. I tried the cookies after reading a review and just found them to be okay...

Visited June 2014
1 Thank cercis
MarkF118, Owner at Cafe Moxo, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
So happy you took the time to review our restaurant, we are a cafe and are very excited about our downtown. We do certainly get busy and often times have a line of people, but work extremely hard to make sure the line moves very quickly. With that comes a bustling sometimes noisy crowd, so we have created separate areas to relax and enjoy your meal. We hope if we get the opportunity to have a return visit, I can't promise there won't be a line, but I can make sure you find out about all of our menu/drink options. Reviews from our customers always allow us to reflect on areas of improvement and keep our focus on what we are doing well. Thanks for taking the time.
Homewood
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

As soon as we walked in, we were instantly greeted with a warm welcome. The man was so nice and explained to us how everything works, without us needing to ask. During the ordering experience the gentleman were very kind, giving us tips and suggestions and helping make the experience run smoothly. The food was so incredibly delicious and came so quickly! I would not hesitate to come again or recommend to friends!

• Visited June 2014
MarkF118, Owner at Cafe Moxo, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
So happy you took the time to not only stop by our restaurant, but letting others know about your experience. We look forward to your next visit.
Kent, Ohio
“best place for interesting food and good coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Food for breakfast is interesting -- from their version of french toast to cheddar biscuits and gravy! yes indeed. Coffee is excellent. And the service is friendly, gracious and attentive. Open early. Free wifi. refill coffee as often as you like. place is warm and inviting and there's a frequent flyer program, too. It's a short walk to the Amtrak station, too, in case you want to catch the morning train to chicago.

Visited April 2014
MarkF118, Owner at Cafe Moxo, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
2jbsdad - so excited you are taking the time to let others know about us. We will look forward to your next visit and hope you find more to enjoy.