“AMAZING BREAKFAST”

Ranked #1 of 489 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Description: Cafe Moxo is a locally owned and operated restaurant passionate about our food, service, employees and our customers.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“AMAZING BREAKFAST”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I travel for work often -- and my work takes me all over, from New York City to Chicago to LA to San Francisco. I have found myself in Springfield, IL from time to time and ALWAYS make time to head to Cafe Moxo for breakfast. When I go to restaurants, I focus on three things: Taste, Range, Service.

From a taste perspective, their breakfast casseroles are the best breakfast I have ever had except for my mom's Christmas morning breakfast casserole. I especially like the ham and cheese breakfast casserole. I like this dish so much that I can't bring myself to get anything else - and I literally crave it when I am not in Springfield. Beyond that, for lunch, they have delicious soups and sandwiches but I REALLY like their Chicken Pot Pie.

From a range perspective, I've had most of their sandwiches for lunch and all are good and enjoyable. I particularly like their curried chicken salad - but you can't go wrong. Couple that with the pasta salad and a cookie that comes with lunch - you can't get a meal like this in any of the big cities where I travel.

From a service perspective, you can't beat it. You are always greeted warmly, and I have been impressed that when I have come in two days in a row, they have remembered me from day to day.

I LOVE Cafe Moxo and highly recommend it.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Caroline G
MarkF118, Owner at Cafe Moxo, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We really get tgd pulse of our business when people take the time to review us. We look forward to your return and are thrilled we are on your radar when in Springfield. Very humbled , Mark.

Oak Park, Illinois
“Great cappuchino”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Nice cafe, I liked the coffee Roomy inside and some tables al fresco. Very nice employees, and creative food. I saw they had chicken pot pies,

Visited August 2014
MarkF118, Owner at Cafe Moxo, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for stopping by and for letting others know of your experience. Thrilled you loved the coffee, welcome you back anytime to enjoy something else.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“interesting eatery.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The food is good and a bit different. You can sit outside or inside. It appears to be popular by the line at the counter. I tried their pot pie. I wasn't blown away. I found their food to be too pricey.

Visited July 2014
MarkF118, Owner at Cafe Moxo, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. We appreciate that you found our restaurant a little different, but also a little pricey. We have tried to create a positive experience for everyone and are always happy to learn what people enjoy or think could be different. Best wishes in your travels and again, thanks for taking the time.
Jacksonville, Florida
“Best cafe in downtown Springfield”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I attended an evening event here and was wowed by their
food and excellent staff and service. The only serve breakfast and lunch but cater special events. The spread was tasty, colorful, and impressive!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank JaxAces
MarkF118, Owner at Cafe Moxo, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Very excited you loved the atmosphere and food during the private evening event. We look forward to taking care of another private event or during normal operating hours. Thanks again for taking the time to let others know what you enjoy.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Quick and Friendly Service!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We ate here because of the reviews and were going to be in the area around lunch time. We walked in and were greeted. We ordered and received our food promptly. I tried the chicken pot pie which was very good. My husband had a sandwich with their homemade pasta salad. He liked the sandwich, but the pasta salad was really good. We both got a cookie which was delicious! I really liked the peanut butter one. We thought the place was very neat and affordable. Thanks!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank allyouneedistara
MarkF118, Owner at Cafe Moxo, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
So excited you liked our restaurant. We look forward to seeing you again if you return to Springfield. Thank you for taking the time to let us know.