“Average”
Review of Garden of Eat'n - CLOSED

Garden of Eat'n
Reviewed 4 July 2012

As I stepped out of the Lincoln Presidential Library, I espied the Garden of Eat'n. I'm saying to myself, this HAS to be better than trucking down to Subway, and it must be good local if it is still thriving and catering to those who work this district. I wish I could say I was delighted. This is just another sandwich/salad spot.

I had a wrap to order. Chicken with lettuce/tomato and cheese. Decent but small. My friend had a salad. Very large, with ample dressing. Ingredients were fresh.

I would have liked some homemade sides, but the best you can get is store bought rolls, or bags of chips.

The ambiance is OK, but since this was a slow Monday when I ate there, the help was sitting at the back table, working the cell phones, seeming not to care. The gentleman that took our order, however, was very nice and accommodating.

I like to choose local, as an out-of-town guest, but the Garden did not spark a chord as a place to go. With as much history that abounds in this state capital, a truly original lunch/sandwich spot, near these places, would be welcome.

There are newer reviews for Garden of Eat'n

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We had a good salad with enough protein to power us through lunch.

Reviewed 17 September 2011

Friday night is Kabob dinner. We had a delightful meal, and the Proprietor from Iran was charming. Food is fresh and does not disappoint. Persian cooking and prices are modest. We really liked this place and would eat there again if ever in Springfield again.

1  Thank 102HCB
Reviewed 17 October 2010

I like the family run places, I wouldnt eat there every day but it is nice.

Reviewed 18 July 2010

There is SO MUCH MORE to good eating than just where you get your food order, folks! The food was FRESH, TASTY and CHEAP!! A bag of Sun Chips for 81 cents!!?? Y'know it could easily have been marked up to $2.00!! My hot tea and wrap were delish!! IF we had known, we would've come hungrier!! It reminded me of a wholesome eatery from bygone days! Well, they're back and they're HERE at The Garden!! My husband and I shared the $6.95 wrap and chips...fresh and filling!! Surprise!

2  Thank MidwestKC