“A lot of good food for a low price” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Mongolian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Springfield, Illinois
“A lot of good food for a low price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

I go to this restaurant at least once a week. For less than $7, I get an almost-heaping helping of incredible food. You choose one bowl out of three sizes; I usually use the small one, and it more than fills me up. You then fill the bowl with your choice of fresh meats and vegetables, noodles and sauces. I usually go by the recommended sauce recipe, and it's always good. The cooks then cook your food for you. With your meal, you get your choice of fried or white rice. I know people who will get a large bowl and have it for both lunch and dinner as it's also good reheated. I love the fact that you know exactly what is in your food and that it is hot when you get it due to it being cooked as you look on. The employees are great as well. After a few visits, they knew what type of rice my coworkers and I asked for and that we needed to-go boxes without us saying so. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone that wants a meal that is different from your usual Asian outlets. It's set in a strip mall, and you really have to look for it, but it's worth finding.

• Visited July 2013

Springfield, Illinois, United States
“Amazing value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

You get so much food for the price you pay and you get to customize your dish! It's not the classiest place in the world but the food is awesome!

Visited October 2012
Wichita
“Not what I'm use too”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2013 via mobile

Your basic Mongolian style restaurant pick your own meat and veggies mix your own sauce buttttt
While cooking they add there own mix of sauce while cooking so don't expect it to have the flavor you wanted

Springfield, Illinois
“Great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

You don't see a huge amount of traffic into this place, which can be misleading. The restaurant is larger than it needs to be so it appears rather empty at times. Also, the lighting is darker than most places, so the atmosphere tends to give off that gloomy feeling. However, the selection of food is really good. When you go through the buffet you can choose from three sizes of bowls and you fill any of them up as much as possible for one price. Its all cooked on a huge grill with your choice of sauces. The fresh mushrooms, the beef, the chicken, the shrimp, are all available in big quantities. It is truly one of the most unique and plentiful buffets I've ever seen. Soup and rice are brought to your table along with a drink. If its your first time, be sure and ask about pricing per bowl, and how to proceed through the line. They'll happily explain the process to you. I've always tipped the cooks, but it isn't required. At the end of the buffet line, they give you some recommended combinations of sauces. I would recommend following those closely. It really makes a difference in the taste. I've tried concocting my own blend, but it never tastes as good as the recipe they recommend for you. I've been there about a half dozen times and have always enjoyed the experience.

• Visited June 2012
Illinois
“Excellent fresh food buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

This is a food bar buffet that you visit, once, and then it's stir-fried on the grill. I love that you customize your meal.

• Visited August 2011