“Closed” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Auburn, IL
“Closed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

This was one of the best restaurants in Springfield. It was one of a kind. Unfortunately it closed in September of 2013.

• Visited September 2013

Danville, Illinois
“Looks are Deceiving”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

We visit this restaurant every time we pass thru Springfield. Although it is dark inside and it doesn't have the greatest atmosphere, the food is very good and the service is also good. The waitress always remembers our order, without asking and she always seats us at our favorite table if it's available. You definitely get your moneys worth!

• Visited October 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“The Health Department Should Take Notice! Stay Away!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

I'm nervous that the folks in Springfield Illnois need to get out more because this place needs to be visited by the State Health Department STAT. I was in Springfield on business and when I saw Mongolian BBQ I jumped because it's one of my favorite foods and so hard to find! But wow, this place is scary. I feel that once this place did a bunch of business and somewhere along the way it lost itself. The sign is falling apart, which was the first red flag. The tables and chairs are out of date by at least 10 years, another red flag. Only a few lights were on, and those over the buffet were not and that is alarming - and the lights were not only old they were dirty and I am guessing having been cleaned in years - gross. And they are not on I am guessing to save electricity because as soon as they start cooking on the grill it got so hot I was sweating while I ate - I am guessing they keep the aircon mostly off to save money as well which is also very alarming since it's a buffet?!?! And it doesn' stop there...they offer beers but were out of everything. The waitress took us over to a very sorry and sad beer and wine cooler which was on its last legs that had mostly American beers and cheap wine. But the worse case was the actual food on the buffet - my gosh the ONLY reason i stayed was because I was with a colleague who didn't seem bothered and I didn't want to go anywhere else because we were tired and I figured the hot grill would burn off any stuff on the food. The food was kept in the bins in the buffet for way too long, most of it was sitting in its own juice and looked really not fresh - the sprouts were so not fresh they were sprouting, gross! The water chestnuts were brownish, clearly out way over their limit, the vegetables were soggy, limp and overall scary. The only thing that looked ok was the freeze dried meat and even that was not kept at the right temperature - because some of it was already not frozen - yuk. And the plastic bowls were sticky and stained! I tried a few and all were the same - this was the ultimate is grossness, they have not been replaced in I dont know how long and they clearly must be harboring something I am sure the health department would find if tested. And because they kept all the lights off, it was dank and dirty and dreary at the buffet. On top of it all after it was cooked even with the sauces, my bowl had no taste...I am guessing because everything I put in it was days maybe weeks old....stay away, not worth the money no matter how good the value might seem.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Illinois
“Good food at a Great price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

First impression was it was dark and the exhaust fan didn't work real well. Glad we went ahead and ate there because the food made you forget the rest.

My son and I tried this restaurant and both loved it. We each got the small bowl and filled it up with our favorite meat and veggies. If you like hot sauces, the hot pepper is very hot but good. We each got the small bowl, egg drop soup and dessert for $6.95. The waitress was very nice .

We just had water to drink but they had beer and wine at a really good price.

We will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Springfield, Illinois
“A lot of good food for a low price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

I go to this restaurant at least once a week. For less than $7, I get an almost-heaping helping of incredible food. You choose one bowl out of three sizes; I usually use the small one, and it more than fills me up. You then fill the bowl with your choice of fresh meats and vegetables, noodles and sauces. I usually go by the recommended sauce recipe, and it's always good. The cooks then cook your food for you. With your meal, you get your choice of fried or white rice. I know people who will get a large bowl and have it for both lunch and dinner as it's also good reheated. I love the fact that you know exactly what is in your food and that it is hot when you get it due to it being cooked as you look on. The employees are great as well. After a few visits, they knew what type of rice my coworkers and I asked for and that we needed to-go boxes without us saying so. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone that wants a meal that is different from your usual Asian outlets. It's set in a strip mall, and you really have to look for it, but it's worth finding.

• Visited July 2013