“A Very Nice Surprise”

Los Rancheros
Ranked #75 of 495 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just dropped in to get a bite. I have low expectations for Tex-Mex north of San Antonio. What a surprise. Best I have had since leaving San Antonio. The owner is from Mexico. The sauces were authentic. When i asked for a hotter chili sauce, I got it. Very flavorful. The portion sizes were large. The prices were very reasonable. A pleasant atmosphere with attentive servers. If you like Tex-Mex, then you will enjoy.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Food was fresh, well prepared, and authentic Mexican.
Menu selection was extensive and had several signature dishes.
I had the Rancheros Dinner (beef) and was pleased. The next time I would ask if I could have 1/2 beef and 1/2 chicken.

1  Thank Jim M
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Authentic Mexican food at a decent price with a large seating arrangement and consistent food, who wouldn't go?

Reviewed 2 November 2013

When visiting an old friend for lunch, he recommended Los Rancheros and I'm glad he did. The atmosphere was very good, the service was timely and as we wanted to talk a while, they were very willing for us to take our time. The food was very good. My friend had the Los Rancheros Burrito and I had the Los Rancheros Chimichanga. I really enjoyed my meal which included some very nice rice and beans. The dinner menu looked interesting and if I had had more time I would have loved to try some of the entrées. If I still lived here this I would definitely be back.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

There's nothing wrong with Los Rancheros -- but there's not much exciting about it either. The chips were warm and fresh, the salsa mild. My dinner, the Rancheros combination plate, had a taco, an enchilada, a burrito and a chili relleno, with refried beans and rice. Service was decent and the food was hot. But it was pretty flavorless. Not bad, just bland. The ground beef in the taco, burrito and enchilada wasn't seasoned and the enchilida sauce was meek. You'll go away full, but won't be thinking about how tasty dinner was.