“Homestlye = Retro style”

Homestyle Inn & Suites
Ranked #36 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Where do I begin! The TV's were so freaking tiny I had to set it on the end of the bed to watch it! The lobby and all the furnishings throughout the whole place looked like something out of the 60's and not in a good way. And oh my lord what is going on with the sink. It's there a building code or something against having exposed piping on a sink in a hotel. Look people sometimes a property lives out it's usefulness and either needs to be updated to continue satisfying people's changing tastes or in this case bulldozed and rebuilt. Should have asked for my money back but I was so taken aback to see such a site that I felt like I got my money's worth just to take a trip down memory lane and remember what hotels used to look like in the 60's.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Thaguywhose n

Reviewed 28 May 2013

This hotel was very close to downtown, yet far enough away from the hustle and bustle. We came here to attend the Springfield Mile race (about 2 mi away) but also went to Lincoln's tomb (about 1 mi) and the excellent Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum (less than 1 mi). Easy to get around in the city. The hotel was clean, check in was quick, good continental breakfast in the morning. The outdoor pool looked very nice, but it was too cold and rainy to use it.

Room Tip: This is a 2 story hotel with stairs
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2013

This hotel could use some updates but it was clean and did the job. We just needed a place to stay overnight while I was having surgery across the street at the hospital. Nothing fancy but clean and quiet.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 17 December 2012

The worst stay I have ever had.

I went to Springfield IL for a job interview. Chose this hotel just because it was close. The smell in the room was disgusting. I did not realize that the iron was dirty, and it ruined my nice shirt which I must wear in the next day. The front desk gave me a new iron, but refused to clean my shirt, pay the washing coins, or even apologize. “You guys made it dirty. I have no money to pay the washing fee for you”. The lady said. --- Please realize, it was my first time staying there, and will be the last.

Please never choose this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank gator365
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I got into Springfield late and in the dark, and not having researched where I was going to stay, I ended up here. Big mistake! This place is a dive. The whole place smells bad, the sink and counter had a big gap where water from the leaky faucet went to the floor, the tub drain was slow to drain. Two of the lamps didnt work.... I could go on. Everything is old, worn out and smelly. It is only time before the place folds. This is the first review I have ever written on anything, so trust me, It really had a bad impact on me. A bad experience. jeff

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jeffclark
Reviewed 8 April 2012

This hotel has gotten worse under the newer management. My room had a serious ant infestation. I told the clerk and he said oh well no one told you to take food in the room.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Icegoddessap
Reviewed 21 August 2011

One to avoid. Saggy beds, threadbare sheets, stained gray towels, broken furniture, dank bathroom, smelly toilet. No coffee making facilities in room. Only positive aspects are pool and central location.

• Stayed: August 2011