“Pathetic & filthy!! Took a bag of Cock Roaches to the desk and checked out.”

Homestyle Inn & Suites
Ranked #36 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 11 August 2013

You DON'T want to stay here. I don't care if its free. You will take critters home with you. Don't touch the walls and don't go barefoot. Crud falls off the ceiling while you are laying in bed. I am serious. They continuously banged on the door because a person in our party was 5 minutes late checking out even though we had the room reserved for another night. They threw him out, this was before we saw the bugs and other crud. Stay away.......far away!!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Foemom

Reviewed 5 July 2013

You get what you pay for.
My main thing -- and this is something all hotels should remember, not just this one -- hotel rooms MUST have accessible outlets by the bed. My husband uses a CPAP and needs to plug his unit in beside his bed. Also, many people use their smart phones as alarms, so outlets by the bed would be nice.

The staff was very helpful. They directed us to nice eateries within walking distance. There also is a supermarket right next-door in case you forget your toothbrush.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Muskogeefoots
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The hotel is wonderfully close to the hospital I needed to visit daily. The rate was good. The mini fridge is a little larger than some and the microwave adequate. The table is NOT near an outlet and it's a stretch to reach one for my laptop.

I will stay here again but it is not the cleanest--actually pretty dirty. Yet location...location...location.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank travelngonow
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Where do I begin! The TV's were so freaking tiny I had to set it on the end of the bed to watch it! The lobby and all the furnishings throughout the whole place looked like something out of the 60's and not in a good way. And oh my lord what is going on with the sink. It's there a building code or something against having exposed piping on a sink in a hotel. Look people sometimes a property lives out it's usefulness and either needs to be updated to continue satisfying people's changing tastes or in this case bulldozed and rebuilt. Should have asked for my money back but I was so taken aback to see such a site that I felt like I got my money's worth just to take a trip down memory lane and remember what hotels used to look like in the 60's.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Thaguywhose n
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This hotel was very close to downtown, yet far enough away from the hustle and bustle. We came here to attend the Springfield Mile race (about 2 mi away) but also went to Lincoln's tomb (about 1 mi) and the excellent Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum (less than 1 mi). Easy to get around in the city. The hotel was clean, check in was quick, good continental breakfast in the morning. The outdoor pool looked very nice, but it was too cold and rainy to use it.

Room Tip: This is a 2 story hotel with stairs
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2013

This hotel could use some updates but it was clean and did the job. We just needed a place to stay overnight while I was having surgery across the street at the hospital. Nothing fancy but clean and quiet.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 17 December 2012

The worst stay I have ever had.

I went to Springfield IL for a job interview. Chose this hotel just because it was close. The smell in the room was disgusting. I did not realize that the iron was dirty, and it ruined my nice shirt which I must wear in the next day. The front desk gave me a new iron, but refused to clean my shirt, pay the washing coins, or even apologize. “You guys made it dirty. I have no money to pay the washing fee for you”. The lady said. --- Please realize, it was my first time staying there, and will be the last.

Please never choose this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business