“Great Value and Good Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homestyle Inn & Suites

Homestyle Inn & Suites
Ranked #37 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Park Ridge, Illinois
“Great Value and Good Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2008

We stayed 3 nights and had a pleasant visit. The staff was friendly and helpful, the hotel was quiet, the room was clean (except the carpet was tired and needed to be replaced) the free continental breakfast was exceptional (waffles, muffins, and much more!) and you certainly cannot beat the price. We would certainly stay here again if we once again toured Springfield.

Stayed August 2008
1 Thank adoeme

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2008

My wife and I planned a weekend getaway with our 9 yr old and 3 month old daughters. My 9 yr old is very interested in Abe Lincoln. We picked this location because of continental breakfast, pool, price, and location. When we arrived, the hotel looked as if it needed some attention and upkeep. The landscaping is overgrown and weeds are growing from cracks in the parking lot. Our reservation was wrong when we arrived - I asked for 2 dbl beds - the reservation we got was for 1 qn bed. The front desk worker corrected it and put us in a smoking room the housekeeper used to live in? We looked at the room prior to check-in, and found it to be bearable - definitely not the best accomodation. The lights needed new bulbs and we needed a working the remote control. The front desk worker stated she would bring these items to our room. While we were waiting for her to arrive, I noticed something under a chair in the corner of the room. Since the lighting was insufficient, I picked it up--IT WAS A USED CONDOM!!! When the worker arrived, I told her we are checking-out (after only being in the room for 30 minutes) and I demanded a full refund. The worker picked up the condom with tissues and threw the condom away. She told me to call her manager at the front desk and report the incident. I could not understand him because he is Indian. My wife and I packed our belongings and I went to the front desk for a refund. I was told my credit card would not be charged since end-of-day was not processed yet. We then checked into the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Hotel on Adams Street which was a thousand times better. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, and we paid only $10 more than the dump hotel. I called my credit card company the next day to discover a charge of $151.XX was charged to my account by Homestyle Inns and Suites. I am working with my credit card company to dispute the charge. If you are going to Springfield, IL, DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!

Stayed July 2008
2 Thank LivVivsDad
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2008

I stayed at the Homestyle Inn for 5 full days in March 2008. It was very nice. I'll have to admit, that after reading all the reviews here, I was very very nervous about staying here for such a long period of time. But it was nice.
The location was excellent, as it was walking distance from the place of business I had to work at, parking was excellent as I had a space right at my room window, reservations were done online, checking was prompt, management was very courteous and the room was on the 1st floor as I requested since there is no elevator.
The room was fine with me. They gave me a very large bathroom which was for the handicapped and very very spacious with a shower chair. I am not handicapped, but the space was great, good hot water, nice shower and heat lamps. The room has a microwave and refridgerator, both looked to be brand new. The heating / air conditioner worked great. Many stations on the cable TV with great reception. The bed was very comfortable.
The Homestyle Inn has a nice breakfast kiosk with a waffle maker, assorted cereals, 2% milk, bagels, breads, juice, fresh fruits, coffee (regular and decaf), condiments, bottled water, sweet rolls and danishes. This is all complimentary and available from 6am to 9am. Every morning, the coffee was promptly ready at 6am!
There is a computer in the lobby which provides 24 hour access to the Internet. They also have laundry facilities with a washer and dryer for $1.50 each.
The area was very quiet, I slept well every night as the bed was very comfortable.
There is also vending canteens on the first floor with snacks, beverages and ice.
The front desk was very responsive to my request. I requested early morning maid service and my room was prepared every single morning before noon as requested.
The rate was good especially in consideration of the free complimentary continental breakfast every morning.
I have a few criticism which are that the room had a smokey odor from the day I arrived until I checked out 5 days later. Maid-service should spray every day to resolve that. The decorum was not the best with the blue rug. There was a smoke detector dangling from the ceiling but the light was on, so I assumed it worked. There was a small digital bedside alarm clock, but since I am an avid radio listener, I took my Trivio Songbook clock radio. However, none of those small problems were significant.
I would like to inform reviewers that my stay there was during the 3rd week of March 2008. My review is current, non-biased and accurate. I am a very critical reviewer of hotels and my review here is based on truth.
Would I stay there again? Absolutely YES! I highly recommend Springfield's Homestyle Inn to travelers! Give them a chance. Apparently this hotel is under new management and they are indeed doing a good job.

• Liked — Complimentary breaskfast
  • Disliked — Smell of the room
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Janet C
Mount Vernon, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2008

The price was right. I took at taxi from Amtrak to the motel since it was dark and i am a single woman. It looks nice on the outisde, in the lobby and even in the hallways. The room was another story--awful! There was a smell from the heat. Lamps did not work because they had no lightbulbs in them. Mattresses were quite worn, so was the carpet. Tolerable, but just barely. Very nice white girl at the desk.

• Liked — LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!! and price
  • Disliked — Worn carpet and furnishings
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2008

A good choice if your looking for a cheap hotel. The place was reasonably clean and the staff friendly. Just a few blocks from the capital and lincoln library. You might want to consider somewhere else if your a woman traveling alone but other than that I would have no problem staying here again if I needed to save a few bucks.

• Liked — price
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2008

This hotel has turned around. It has a perfect location to Memorial Medical Center (you can walk there) and St. Johns. All rooms have been remodeled, clean and comfortable with microwave and refrigerator in EVERY room. I will be returning here on a regular basis. They ensure customer satisfaction and they did just that for me!

• Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank toddyrn
maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2007

HI, I have been stayed last month and now its undernew management, they are very freidly staff, very helpful,
they have also put the microwave and refri in all the room, changed the caropet, swimingpool is open in summer time,there is lots of updates after new management took over this place thast what i can say.

Thanks
Meena

• Liked — convinent location in downtown, cleanliness, lots of updates
  • Disliked — not that I know
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business