“Disgusting”

Ranked #35 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Chicago, IL
“Disgusting”
Reviewed 18 September 2006

We didn't expect too much out of a 3 star rating in Springfield, IL but we did expect to have clean rooms and hospitable management.

Bathrooms were filthy and I was afraid to touch anything in the room. We should have known better when we walked in and the hallway smelled like someone's armpit!

I had friends staying in separate rooms and conditions were the same- dirty bathrooms, damp carpeting, moldy shower curtains and ants! I refused to take a shower and had to think 'good thoughts' just to keep my mind off the filth when I went to bed that night.

I should have paid the extra $20 to stay at the Howard Johnson. Travelers beware! Pay your $70 to stay somewhere else!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirty tub, moldy shower curtains, ants, damp carpet
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here. If you do, bring your own blankets, pillows, towel and a bottle of bleach.
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank TravelingAAA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Twin Cities, MN
Reviewed 16 August 2004

I stayed here in August, 2004 with members of my family. My brother made the reservation. If not for that, my mother, sister and I would have made every effort to move out of there. It is very poorly maintained and there are very few of the standard amenities we have come to expect at even the cheapest places - no hair dryer, no coffeemaker. We couldn't get a room with a refrigerator even if we got a suite because "they all broke down and were never replaced." There was a water line hanging from the wall in our building where the ice machine belonged and we had to go over to the other building for ice. The biggest joke was having to pay a lot extra for an "evergreen" room we didn't even request - we just wanted to have 3 rooms in a row, and they charged us a bunch extra for a little filter on the sink and some air filtering devices that we never turned on. (It was a non-smoking room.) I was a little thankful for the filter on the showerhead, as every time I turned on the water in the tub, it came out brown at first. The location appears convenient, but there are train tracks nearby and loud train whistles all night long.

18 Thank smingebrig
Travellers also viewed these Springfield hotels
Carpenter Street Hotel
#31 of 38 in Springfield
Best Western Clearlake Plaza
Best Western Clearlake Plaza
#12 of 38 in Springfield

Been to Homestyle Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Homestyle Inn & Suites

Property: Homestyle Inn & Suites
Address: 500 N 1st St, Springfield, IL 62702-5116
Region: United States > Illinois > Springfield
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #35 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Homestyle Inn & Suites 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Homestyle Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestyle Inn And Suites