“When I Don't Worry About Cost...”

American Harvest Eatery
Reserve with OpenTable
American Harvest Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 494 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is one of my favorite places to eat. Here, you get what you pay for: excellent presentation, food and service. The meals are excellent and I love the fact that they used locally sourced foods. the menu changes based on the seasons or whatever they happen to pick up at the farmers market that morning.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

On our way from Wi to St. Louis decided to try to find a healthy place to eat. Searched google for natural foods restaurant and this was #1 in search. Looked at reviews and most complaints were service and portion size related. The atmosphere was fine nothing special. The restaurant was pretty empty
only a couple tables occupied.

The hostess named Sarah took us to the tables with the long bench where the only other people in the restaurant were sitting and sat us right next to them. We politely asked if we
could be seated at a regular table not at the ones that shared the long bench and she was rude to us. It was very cold in there and I later asked Sarah if
they could turn off the fan and she just said no.
We ordered a Cuban sandwich and a short rib beef sandwich that's worth $11 each. It came with a choice of french fries or a spring mix salad. We had one of each. The beef sandwich was served with mushroom Au jus and was quite good however the Cuban not good at all. Very dry and little meat on it.
The hostess brought us our food instead of our waitress Maggie after waiting 20 min for our food. Nobody ever came back to ask us how the food was. I found it funny the served Heinz ketchup I thought they'd at least have Muir Glen. Wouldn't come here again wish we would of stopped at the smoke house restaurant we passed a couple blocks away. Was not healthy at all I guess local doesn't mean healthy.

1  Thank kb972001
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Great food. Good value with the chef's tasting. The breakfast salad is a must try. The dessert menu is lacking but overall, it is a great find in a town dominated by chain offerings.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is one of the few good restaurants in Springfield ,Illinois. The food is fresh and the services is friendly.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My wife chose American Harvest Eatery for my new daughter in laws family bridal shower and this restaurant hit it out of the park for the event. The whole restaurant has been completely updated in a modern look. Our party server, Jennifer, was the absolute best and really made it a special day for my wife and all her guests. American Harvest has a beautiful separate room that held our party of 25 perfectly. The menu was so easy to choose from and my wife met with Chef Coffey to make menu choices. Chef Coffey suggested quiche (asparagus and mushroom, ham and scallions), curried chicken salad sandwiches, cucumber radish and herbed cream cheese sandwiches, a strawberry and heirloom carrot salad with almonds and lemon vinaigrette and ciabatta bread and butter for our brunch bridal shower celebration.

We had coffee, tea and soda all for 12.00 per person and NO additional cost for the beautiful room for our celebration. I have never seen my wife so happy and all the great compliments from her guest really made the day so special.

All of our guests could really tell that almost all the food served at American Harvest Eatery is bought fresh from Illinois farmers! What a quality dining experience.

1  Thank Robert N