“An excellent option to fast-food along Interstate 55!”
Review of Thai Basil

Thai Basil
Ranked #72 of 491 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I found this restaurant through TA, and since I avoid any fast food restaurants like the plague, this was perfect for my trip from Chicago to St Louis. I got off I-55 and it was less than 5 minutes to this restaurant (in a strip mall) and service was pleasant and fast for lunch.

They offer "lunch specials" for $5.95 which is an entree plate plus mini eggrolls and a cup of brothy soup. That and a Thai iced coffee hit the spot, and so much more healthy than McD's or Subway.

Do yourself a favor and get off the interstate, your stomach will thank you!

There are newer reviews for Thai Basil

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Greeted immediately upon entering restaurant. Extensive menu. Waitress was attentive without becoming annoying (if you know what I mean). Family members ordered pineapple pork, crab fried rice, and General Tso's chicken. All were delicious. Glad we drove here from downtown Springfield. This is a must-try when in town.

Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Fresh and delicious Thai cuisine. Very inexpensive, great value. We had beef Pho and appetizer platter, shared with my husband. Zero atmosphere, but very good food, served simply and with great ingredients. Win!

Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

This cute little place has some tasty niblets. The kiwi slushy is stellar. Good for vegetarian diets. The staff will help you pick food if your confused by the menu.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Had a delicious meal here. The eggplant was great as we're the other dishes. We were glad we had dinner here.