Traveling with my parents and my 3 children, we stayed in a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite midweek. There was plenty of space for all 6 of us and even enough room for my aunt and uncle (who were staying in a studio suite on the same floor) to come in and play cards. The room was clean and spacious, but the chair in the master bedroom was ripped in several places. We were pleasantly surprised to find that midweek a full dinner is included in your room rate--burgers, hot dogs, brats, baked beans, chips, salad, and soda, beer, or wine. The staff working the dinner was extremely helpful and friendly. My only wish is that the soda cups were bigger as we had to refill them a number of times. The breakfast buffet was likewise plenty and well stocked.
While we did not use all of the offered amenities, I noticed that long-term storage closets were offered, there was a decent sized exercise room, there was a nice patio area with an outdoor court, and free laundry facilities were on site. We did use the indoor pool, though. It was quite large with a hot tub. Unfortunately the chlorine was so strong in the air in the pool area that our eyes were stinging and my mother's asthma flared up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites is an all suites extended-stay hotel in Springfield, Illinois, home of Abraham Lincoln and The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum. Each suite is designed for maximum flexibility and adaptability to meet all of your individual needs. Whether you are relocating to the area, on a project assignment, or just getting away for the weekend, Staybridge Suites has what you want! Staybridge offers 3 different suite room types; Studio, One-Bedroom, and Two-Bedroom. All suites contain a fully equipped kitchen, living room, 2-line telephone, direct in-room phone#, voice mail, and free high speed wireless Internet and wired Internet access. Hotel amenities include 24-hour service desk, complimentary breakfast bar, evening Sundowner reception(Mon-Thur), fitness center, business center, swimming pool, free guest laundry facility and complimentary shuttle service (8:00 am-6:00pm). The Staybridge Suites is located within a few miles of downtown Springfield, The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, White Oaks Mall, and Frank Lloyd Wright's Dana Thomas House. We are located off of I-72 and Route 4 at exit #93 in Prairie Crossing, Southwest Springfield. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Staybridge Suites South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites South Hotel Springfield
- Staybridge Suites Springfield