“Great service, great room, great food and drink included”

Staybridge Suites South
Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 24 October 2012

My family stayed for a week in a 2-bedroom suite. We enjoyed the breakfasts and happy hour. The staff was very helpful at the front desk and in the food area. I had a request for something at least once each day and the staff never acted inconvenienced. That has to be the most important aspect for me, besides cleanliness. However, the temperature in the fitness room was set at 72 degrees which seems odd. That's much too high for an area where people are working out. So that's my only complaint, and not a big deal.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 October 2012

This was our first experience with Staybridge Suites. The room was nice and clean. The bed was comfortable. We stayed one night and did not use the kitchen portion of the suite. It did however look well equipped. The Spa and pool were very nice. We really enjoyed the Sundowner reception. We just had wine and cheese, but I was told that on Tues, Wed and Thurs. there is a full meal.
The complementary breakfast was among the best I have had. Several choices of eggs, cereal, fruit even nuts.
This will not be our last experience with Staybridge Suites.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2012

From the moment I checked in, my experience exceeded my expectations. All the guest services personnel were friendly and helpful. If you want to save meal costs, this is the place to stay. Besides having a full breakfast every morning, dinner is provided Monday thru Thursday. This is a savings of $20-25 per person every day. I was traveling alone, and my suite included a full kitchen including a full sized fridge and dishwasher. The cupboards held dishes, glassware, and utensils. My room included a queen bed and sofa bed. There was plenty of closet space. It was quiet and peaceful throughout my stay. I would definitely seek out Staybridge in other locations in future travel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The mattresses are hard with no support. Like sleeping on a concrete slab. We usually stay at the Hampton next door, but thought we would try the Staybridge. Do your back a favor and stay at the Hampton (or elsewhere) where the mattress is comfortable. The cleanliness of the room was marginal, the toilet seat was loose, and the furniture was pretty beat up. We won't be back. Very disappointed as we recently stayed at a Staybridge in Lansing MI and that was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2012

This was a great place to stay. The complimentary breakfast was very good, just a small portion of everything was almost too much. The Tues-Thurs evening social was very good also. The entire staff were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend staying there anytime.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank erineh2008
Reviewed 17 July 2012

My family and I stayed here on our way to and from a visit to the In-Laws over the 4th of July holiday week. On both occasions, we were welcomed by friendly front desk staff and quickly checked in, which is important when traveling with small children. My 3 year old and I loved the pool and were able to enjoy it by ourselves on both occasions. The GM, Sherri, made sure that we had everything we needed for a perfect stay and my wife and I agreed that we will certainly stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask if they have any newer beds if you prefer a soft mattress. The ones we had were a little too fi...