“would definately stay again” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Staybridge Suites South

Staybridge Suites South
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Goreville, Illinois
“would definately stay again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

very nice and clean hotel. when we got there asked for a king bed and they put us in a 1 bedroom suite for the same price. great breakfast selection and was kept clean. all of the staff was very helpful and courteous since my companion doesn't know a stranger. had a graduation at uis and didn't take long to get there.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Palatine, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

I normally stay at the Candlewood and thought that I'd give the staybridge a try this time. Next time back to the candlewood.

I had asked for a ground floor room when I made the reservation, they gave me a second floor room. I asked about it when I checked in since I was going to be there 3 weeks. They said they would move me after people checked out. Never happened.

At extended stay hotels the normal housekeeping is only includes taking out trash, making bed, and replacing towels and shampoo/soap on a daily basis and nothing on the weekends. While I was there they failed to replace my shampoo two days in a row and just completely missed my room twice, on another day they knocked on my door a 6 pm to clean it. One final occasion they left a dirty rag on the work area of the desk.

Not getting my room clean is a deal breaker for me.

As someone else posted the location of the TV prevent is from being seen straight on from either the bed or the Couch.

To many other choices in town to come back here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites South, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Dear sehaare,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am sincerely sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations and for any inconvenience the housekeeping services may have caused you. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. I wan to assure you that the issues you have raised will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

I would hope that "law 1" will try this place again. The whole first floor is non-smoking & the second floor has only one smoking room. The third floor is a smoking floor. You must have been on that floor. My husband will be working in Springfield for several months and we were delighted that we found this hotel. Our room is more like a small apartment, with a living room (couch, desk, tables, lamps, large t.v.), the kitchen has a full size refrigerator, micro, stove, sink, dishwasher and counters. There are doors which you can close going into the spacious bedroom, which also has a large t.v., a chair, king size bed, end tables & chest of drawers. Then there is the sink area and next to it the toilet and tub/shower with a closing door. They have a breakfast with many choices every day and Tues-Thurs they have free snacks (or light dinner). What else could a visitor want? It is all we need and more.

Room Tip: There is also an indoor pool and jacuzzi. Everything that you need would be found at this hotel. We...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Palatine, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

We were getting very discouraged as we went from motel to motel looking for one that our asthmatic children could be comfortable in. Then we found this location. We were very pleased with the accomodations, the staff, the free breakfast, and even the free evening food (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday). They went out of their way to make sure we could stay an extra night.
We were on the second floor and had no issue with smoke. We did not use the pool or workout facilities. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a two bedroom suite.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

I spent one week in this hotel on business and I could not sleep on the bed. It was a rock. I ended up sleeping on the pull-out bed from the couch. I liked having the full fridge and kitchen with a good coffee-maker - and the couch for sitting. I would have stayed there more if I could handle the bed. I am still going there for business and this was back in December.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sherri W, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites South, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Thank you for your comments. We understand that the bed in your room was too hard for you to sleep on and we appreciate that you continued to stay with us through the rest of your time in Springfield. We would love to have you try us again as soon as we have completed our remodel later this year.

We appreciate your honesty and your business. Thank you again and we hope you will try a Staybridge Suites again soon.
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

We stayed one night and had a very nice stay. Clean facility, very quiet for a weekend night. Generous free breakfast with a large assortment of choices. Used the workout facility - small but adequate. Large pool and a hot tub available, but we didn't use. The hotel is designed for longer term stays - kitchen in room, laundry facilities on site,etc. - but works well for a weekend visit as well. On the outskirts of town in an area that seems to be under development so visiting local attractions entails a bit of a drive. Friendly front desk staff.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank luuluu
New England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

I've stayed frequently at Hampton Inns, and have usually been satisfied. This was my first stay at a Staybridge, and if I travel to this area again, I think I'd be inclined to stay next door at the Hampton. During our visit, a water pipe broke and damaged the rooms across the hall from us, so that there was a great deal of noise and mess during one day. I was impressed by the speed with which the construction crew demolished the room (the ceiling had to come out), but they left a noisy fan and dehumidifier running in the hall overnight. The staff did not talk to us about the problem, or offer to relocate us.

I'll second the comment about the hard bed - if you don't like a firm mattress, don't stay here.

The room was generally due for a renovation - the TV's are ancient, and some things (like the shower curtain rod and closet door) were falling apart.

Breakfast quality was a notch below the Hampton norm; it was noticeably better during the week than on the weekend, when the hotel was busier, and the breakfast room staffer was occasionally overwhelmed. We didn't have a chance to try the evening offering, which the Hampton lacks, and which might matter to you (it smelled pretty good, and I understand the beer was on the house, too!).

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank opti-wan
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites South, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Dear opti-wan,