“Best Extended Stay Hotel in Springfield”

Staybridge Suites South
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I have been a long term resident at this Staybridge Suites (over a year) and I will not stay anywhere else. The front desk staff is extremely friendly and will do anything to make the stay better. I have gotten to know the hotel management and I talk to the sales manager every week and she always asks if I have any concerns with my stay, and if I have any she gets them corrected immediately.

This hotel offers breakfast daily, and serves dinner 3 nights a week with wine and beer.

Since I have been staying here this hotel started a remodel which has included brand new beds and flat screen tv's. The rooms I have stayed in have been supper clean and the housekeeping staff always replaces my towels and soap daily.

I highly recommend this hotel if you have to stay in Springfield long term or even just a night!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

The staff was great. Attention corporate office this place is substandard in comparison when I compare this to other Staybridge properties. I was so disappointed at this property, it is so outdated and need of a make over. I love the staff but you give them a dump to work with. A manager don't need to respond to this interview just pass it on to coporate.

• Stayed: July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear 2Parentand1,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased you found our staff to be great. Please allow us to apologize for the unusual condition of our property which affected your stay negatively. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Our family stayed at this hotel for one night while traveling through the area. We expected something similar to the Hampton Inn next door, but were pleasantly surprised!

They had a VERY CLEAN pool, hot tub, and fitness center. Plus, the laundry facilities were FREE and they even provided laundry detgergent.

The facilities were pet friendly, but you would never know it as there were no odors or traces often found in other hotels that boast the same claims.

Additionally, they offered a FREE Cocktail and Dinner hour in the evening and a small, but tasty Breakfast buffet. The coffee was of good quality and strong with all of the fixings.

In the courtyard, there was a basketball court and tables around the outskirts. This was a pleasant surprise for our 10 year old son!

Overall, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend staying here if you are in the area!

Room Tip: Request an end unit near the courtyard or pool. The hotel is a U shape and this provides the best pr...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed for baseball tournament The staff was friendly and went above and beyond. We had to leave early in the morning and the kitchen hostess prepared to go breakfast bags for all the players. I stayed in the two room suite. It was very spacious and rooms nicely updated. Kids loved pool and basketball court. Free laundry was a big plus also.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 28 May 2013

very nice and clean hotel. when we got there asked for a king bed and they put us in a 1 bedroom suite for the same price. great breakfast selection and was kept clean. all of the staff was very helpful and courteous since my companion doesn't know a stranger. had a graduation at uis and didn't take long to get there.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I normally stay at the Candlewood and thought that I'd give the staybridge a try this time. Next time back to the candlewood.

I had asked for a ground floor room when I made the reservation, they gave me a second floor room. I asked about it when I checked in since I was going to be there 3 weeks. They said they would move me after people checked out. Never happened.

At extended stay hotels the normal housekeeping is only includes taking out trash, making bed, and replacing towels and shampoo/soap on a daily basis and nothing on the weekends. While I was there they failed to replace my shampoo two days in a row and just completely missed my room twice, on another day they knocked on my door a 6 pm to clean it. One final occasion they left a dirty rag on the work area of the desk.

Not getting my room clean is a deal breaker for me.

As someone else posted the location of the TV prevent is from being seen straight on from either the bed or the Couch.

To many other choices in town to come back here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Dear sehaare,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am sincerely sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations and for any inconvenience the housekeeping services may have caused you. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. I wan to assure you that the issues you have raised will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I would hope that "law 1" will try this place again. The whole first floor is non-smoking & the second floor has only one smoking room. The third floor is a smoking floor. You must have been on that floor. My husband will be working in Springfield for several months and we were delighted that we found this hotel. Our room is more like a small apartment, with a living room (couch, desk, tables, lamps, large t.v.), the kitchen has a full size refrigerator, micro, stove, sink, dishwasher and counters. There are doors which you can close going into the spacious bedroom, which also has a large t.v., a chair, king size bed, end tables & chest of drawers. Then there is the sink area and next to it the toilet and tub/shower with a closing door. They have a breakfast with many choices every day and Tues-Thurs they have free snacks (or light dinner). What else could a visitor want? It is all we need and more.

Room Tip: There is also an indoor pool and jacuzzi. Everything that you need would be found at this hotel. We...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business