The hotel is under a renovation, so I am sure the product itself will improve immensely. But, when the room itself was not very clean, and the front desk staff didn't seem properly trained, it was disappointing. It took a lot of time to check us in, the front desk clerk seemed a bit new, and was far from friendly. I had to remind them that we had our dogs with us, and then there was a dispute regarding the pet fee. On their page, it is $50 for stays less than three nights, whereas we were told it would be $75 and when we disputed it, heard that it would be changing soon from another lady. I don't know why she felt that would be helpful to mention to someone who was just checking in? I even had to ask if there was a pet waiver to sign because the girl who checked me in didn't remember about the policy. They were helpful with dinner recommendations (a different girl than the one that checked us in was helpful - had glasses), but it just didn't have that friendly atmosphere I have come to expect with the brand. In the room, there was a blanket in the closet that had been messily folded, and placed partially back in a plastic bag. If it was clean, it looked sloppy to be shoved on the shelf. They have an old TV in the room that I would expect to see at a budget brand. The bathroom walls needed cleaning, the windows had cobwebs, the sheers were so dirty, and the pillows are in dire need of replacement. When they have to pack them to be half their size to stand up, it is time to get new ones. The bed was terribly uncomfortable. Outside, the parking lot in front of the entrance was full of cigarette butts and the benches need to be painted. They have a van in the parking lot with the logo that needs a new paint job. I do hope that all of this improves upon completion of the update, but the service still needs improvement. After driving so long, we really hoped to have a more welcoming attitude from the front desk agent, but instead we were greeted with zero personality, almost no eye contact and it was obvious that she seemed to just want us to go away. The girl with the glasses saved the day - and provided the warm welcome that Staybridge is supposed to have.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites is an all suites extended-stay hotel in Springfield, Illinois, home of Abraham Lincoln and The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum. Each suite is designed for maximum flexibility and adaptability to meet all of your individual needs. Whether you are relocating to the area, on a project assignment, or just getting away for the weekend, Staybridge Suites has what you want! Staybridge offers 3 different suite room types; Studio, One-Bedroom, and Two-Bedroom. All suites contain a fully equipped kitchen, living room, 2-line telephone, direct in-room phone#, voice mail, and free high speed wireless Internet and wired Internet access. Hotel amenities include 24-hour service desk, complimentary breakfast bar, evening Sundowner reception(Mon-Thur), fitness center, business center, swimming pool, free guest laundry facility and complimentary shuttle service (8:00 am-6:00pm). The Staybridge Suites is located within a few miles of downtown Springfield, The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, White Oaks Mall, and Frank Lloyd Wright's Dana Thomas House. We are located off of I-72 and Route 4 at exit #93 in Prairie Crossing, Southwest Springfield. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites South Hotel Springfield
- Staybridge Suites Springfield