We stayed in a two-bedroom suite with kitchen (one king, one queen) w/2 full baths and a pull out couch, 2 27" TV's for $143/night with AAA discount in March 2006. What a bargain for 750 square feet! We had no complaints about noise either in the room or from traffic nearby. There wasn't any competition for the pool. I had the fitness center all to myself. My only complaint about the fitness center is that it is adjacent to the laundry room -- be prepared to get overheated if the dryers are running.
We had some minor problems with our room that irked us. The Staybridge policy is to do a thorough cleaning after check out. I think this leads to cleaning in a hurry rather than one that is thorough -- especially if there are a lot of checkouts at once. Our room was clean but there were some maintenance issues I feel shouldn't have gone unnoticed.
The door to one of the bathrooms wouldn't close; a crumpled towel was on the floor in one of the closets; one of the remotes for the TV had a dead battery; someone had burned popcorn in the microwave and the smell in the living area was so revolting we bought a candle to freshen the air; clean dishes were left in the dishwasher. For the $$ we paid, overall we were very pleased with our room. .
The hotel has excellent access to the freeway (even though you can't hear it) and there are lots of excellent restaurants and retail shops nearby. There is a mini-basketball and tennis court and a barbecue grill in the courtyard. Racquets and balls are available at the desk.
The complimentary breakfast was juice, coffee, muffins, pastries, cereals, yogurt and fresh fruit. The hot item changed daily: pancakes, scrambled eggs and sausage patty; gravy and biscuits. The hot meals are pre-processed - the scrambled eggs looked like they were cooked in an egg poacher -- very odd shape and texture. There is an adequate variety of choices to meet everyone's tastes.
We were at the hotel over the weekend when the hospitality food service is not offered in the evening.
The dining area is comfortable and wasn't crowded the three days we were there. There is a fireplace nearby with comfortable furniture to chat with other guests, read the paper or relax. There is also a reading room adjacent to the business center with bookshelves filled with novels if you're looking for something to read. Two computers are available for guests and access to check my e-mail was immediately available when I wanted it.
We would recommend this Staybridge to anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites is an all suites extended-stay hotel in Springfield, Illinois, home of Abraham Lincoln and The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum. Each suite is designed for maximum flexibility and adaptability to meet all of your individual needs. Whether you are relocating to the area, on a project assignment, or just getting away for the weekend, Staybridge Suites has what you want! Staybridge offers 3 different suite room types; Studio, One-Bedroom, and Two-Bedroom. All suites contain a fully equipped kitchen, living room, 2-line telephone, direct in-room phone#, voice mail, and free high speed wireless Internet and wired Internet access. Hotel amenities include 24-hour service desk, complimentary breakfast bar, evening Sundowner reception(Mon-Thur), fitness center, business center, swimming pool, free guest laundry facility and complimentary shuttle service (8:00 am-6:00pm). The Staybridge Suites is located within a few miles of downtown Springfield, The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, White Oaks Mall, and Frank Lloyd Wright's Dana Thomas House. We are located off of I-72 and Route 4 at exit #93 in Prairie Crossing, Southwest Springfield. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, IHG, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Staybridge Suites South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites South Hotel Springfield
- Staybridge Suites Springfield