“Staff Helpfulness”

Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield - Southwest
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The staff at this hotel was very helpful to us throughout the stay. They made you feel welcome and also had social hours, free ice cream sundae's and home made cookies for guests. Great location and great place to stay.

1  Thank Tom E
dthurman2, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield - Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Hi Tom,

This is Darrin, general manager at the Hampton Inn & Suites Southwest in Springfield. Thanks so much for your positive review! I'm glad you enjoyed staying at our property. And I am thrilled you were able to join us for our evening receptions and our memorial day weekend ice cream social. It was alot of fun. We hope you'll join us again the next time you visit Springfield.

Many Thanks,
Darrin, GM

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Great place to stay in Springfield. Rooms were clean, breakfast excellent and close to shopping—located within walking distance of Gander Mountain. I would recommend to anyone visiting the Illinois capital.

Dear Bill T,

This is Darrin, general manager at the Hampton Inn & Suites Southwest. Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay wtih us here in the Land of Lincoln! We are so pleased that you found your room clean and breakfast excellent. We pride ourselves in keeping our hotel near spotless. Thank you for the recommendation!

When your travels take you to Springfield again, we'd be honored to have you and your family stay with us again.

All the best,
Darrin and your friends at the Hampton Inn & Suites Southwest

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Everything was wonderful! Thank You for another wonderful trip! The room was excellent! And the Breakfast was very good and the variety was amazing! We always try to stay at Hamptons' because we know it will be a pleasant stay. We don't travel very much but have never been disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
dthurman2, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield - Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Rhonda,

Thanks for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites while in Springfield! I appreciate you taking a moment to review our property after your recent stay. We are so pleased that you found our Hampton to meet the expectations you have in the brand. The Hampton brand strives for consistency across its nearly 2,000 properties. I'll be sure to let Gary and Lexie, our breakfast hosts, that you enjoyed the breakfast and the big spread they put out.

Many thanks,
Darrin and team at the Hampton Inn & Suites Southwest

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Comfortable ultra clean rooms and breakfast area. The staff is always available and helpful. Best breakfast in town, and it's free! Nice little notes left by cleaning staff. Nice Neutrogena products in the bathroom. I love this place!

Hi there,

This is Darrin, general manager of the Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield Southwest. Thanks so much for your positive review! I'm glad you enjoyed staying at our property. We certainly appreciate your loyalty. I'm thrilled you enjoyed our hot breakfast and found that it was the best in town. Thanks for noticing the new Neutrogena products. Hampton rolled that out just a few months ago.

See you next time,
Darrin and the entire team at the Hampton Inn & Suites Southwest

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Very conscientious front-desk staff and employees. Very healthy well-prepared breakfast and evening snacks. Clean, safe, and quality rooms. Adjacent to a grocery store and gas station. Very easy to reach off the highway.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
dthurman2, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield - Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Thanks Jan M!

On behalf of the entire team here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield Southwest, I thank you for offering up a review of your recent stay here in Springfield. I'm thrilled that you were able to take the time to enjoy our hot breakfast. I"ll be sure to let Gary and Lexie, our hosts, know that you appreciated the healthy choices they provide. And what a pleasure it was to read that you were pleased with our front desk staff. When your travels bring you back to our area we'd be honored to have you stay with us again.

All the best,
Darrin, GM

Reviewed 23 May 2014

The level of customer service at this hotel is VERY good. From when I checked in until I checked out all staff members I interacted with, or even passed in the hall, were VERY friendly and helpful. That is a rare find in this day and age. The catagory of room I reserved was not available when I checked in. It was resovled immediately and I was given a room that met my needs. The coffee/hot water in the lobby was very nice. It had been a rather long and stressful day when I checked in. I noticed the hot beverage station as I was checking in and noticed the hot chocolate. It was a very nice unexpected treat that helped me relax at the end of a very long day. It was all the little touches that made this a very enjoyable stay.

1  Thank Rachel J

Ms. Rachel J,

Wow! Thank you for your kind words. It's a personal mission of mine to help my employees be able to do three things when it comes to outstanding service. First, be able to recognize what outstanding service looks like. Secondly, be able to provide it to our guests every day, in every guest interaction. And finally, to expect it when they are the customer. You are exactly right, it is a rare find this day and age. We are doing our best to change that. Thank you so much for your review and for acknowledging my team. I am so proud of my staff and their commitment to excellence.

Hope to see you again soon,
Darrin (and the entire staff here at Hampton Southwest Springfield)

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I needed a hotel in the Springfield area to attend a funeral. My siblings, who are also not from the area, were going to stay as well. We got a suite since there would be 4 adults and we didn't want to be crammed into a single room. The staff was wonderful, we came in from the airport with little time to spare so they directed us to a close-by place to get a quick bite. The breakfasts were very good and they had a wide variety to choose from. (eggs, oatmeal, bagels, pastries, fruit, Etc.) It was a short trip but I was very happy to have a clean, comfortable and nicely decorated place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
dthurman2, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield - Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Hi there David P,

Thanks for taking a moment to review our property here on Trip Advisor. I'm sorry that a funeral brought you to Springfield, but we certainly appreciate having the opportunity to have you with us. I was thrilled to read that our two room suite was able to accomodate your family and allow that extra space needed.

If you do ever happen to come back to town, I hope you'll be able to check our our wonderful Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum, It is a must see.

Darrin,GM