“Wonderful”
Review of Dana-Thomas House

Dana-Thomas House
Ranked #3 of 62 things to do in Springfield
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Have been to several Wright homes and this is my favorite. Great and knowledgeable tour guide. Another interesting trip if you are in Springfield.

There are newer reviews for Dana-Thomas House

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Fantastic tour on Sunday afternoon! Wonderful, knowledgable lady! Extensive walking tour of property built near 1900.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Fascinating--what a house! Be advised that you can't take photos inside and that there are stairs--including narrow stairways--to climb.

Our tour guide was fairly knowledgeable, but I'm glad I didn't pay a bunch to get in. The house foundation accepts donations.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband is fairly familiar with Frank Lloyd Wright and I was not at all familiar with his work. We had the chance to go while we were visiting all things Lincoln in Springfield so we walked on over to the Dana-Thomas House. It is a free tour, with donation, so try to bring some cash. The tour was probably close to 45 minutes. It was great! I cannot recommend it enough! You literally tour the entire house and it is one of the better house tours I have been to since you can see almost everything. It has cute gardens outside too. Definitely stop by!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a special treat to see a house that is as it was when it was built with most of the original furniture. Very interesting house and its design. I found the design of this house very interesting since there are many level and the lady who commissioned Frank Lloyd Wright was older. The stain glass was beautiful.

1  Thank STL-Mike-Rose

Been to Dana-Thomas House? Share your experiences!