“New restaurant”
Review of Asian Harbor - CLOSED

Asian Harbor
Cuisines: Asian
Description: Available on Yelp.
Description: Available on Yelp.
LaPorte, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New restaurant”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This restaurant is new--I placed a to-go order for the Thai basil chicken--nice chicken pieces with vegetables--but a little on the salty side (taste, not price). I loved the brown rice option and ordered it, but my order was packaged with white rice which was a disappointment as was the order of spring rolls, which I am quite sure was packaged as egg rolls. Unfortunately I did not discover these misses until I was back to my hotel. The inside of the restaurant was very open. They also have a sushi bar and an extensive sushi menu.

Visited July 2012

Illinois
“Great menu, service, food, atmosphere”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I was impressed at the size of the menu, with Japanese, Chinese and Thai choices. The sushi was the best I've had in Springfield. Service was top-notch, very friendly and attentive. We visited for a late lunch/early dinner on a Saturday and it was not very busy.

• Visited July 2012
Augusta, GA
“This place could be the best”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My wife and I pulled into Springfield late on a Sunday, needing a nice meal and finding (what else?) kitchens closing at 9pm. Thankfully we got a tip about Asian Harbor and zoomed over...open till 10 pm weekdays and 11 weekends!

Big menu but we wanted Thai. Ordered the Curried Red Snapper--a fresh flakey fillet--and the veg Panang Curry. Attentive service, everything arrived hot at the same time, and the manager checked with us midway through the meal to make sure everything was good. We did not feel rushed even as our meal went past 10:15.

I can't say it's 5 stars based on one meal but if we lived here we would be back to find out. A classy new place (6 weeks) that already runs smooth...and late!

• Visited June 2012
El Paso, Texas
“So in love with this place!”
Reviewed 20 June 2012 via mobile

Craving Asian? And just dont know which one?? Chinese, Japanese, Thai, its all there under one roof! 3 menus in one. I love this concept!!!!

Excellent selection of sushi, at a great price.

Lunch menu has a lot to choose from and not priced too high.

Only negative thing is, been there 2 times to order ramen and they haven't had it :-(

Rome, New York
“Surprisingly great”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We've had sushi in much more metropolitan places that was not as good as here. Very tasty, fresh, and fast service. We had 2 of the soups and both were well worth the price. The Thai lettuce wraps were excellent. Hope this place lasts.

• Visited June 2012