“Just as Promised..” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Knoxville, Illinois
“Just as Promised..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I did alot of investigating and preparing before we decided to stay at this property. I didn't book it because of its proximity to my destination which was the beautiful Kerasotes YMCA swim pool on the other side of town. I booked it because everyone said this Hotel was flawless in its execution and it was, from its front desk staff, complimentary meals, cleanliness, pool area, reasonably priced snacks, speedy elevators or quiet rooms. It is a large Hotel so if you need a room close to an elevator you better let them know. The nice thing was they helped our busy family carry out breakfast when our time was short. 5 stars, but somebody tell corporate to ad more hooks, cup holders and some straps to pile all of our stuff from our car to the room on the luggage cart. Good looking cart-I just dont have 6 arms to hold everything on there by myself.
Thanks

Room Tip: We had parents and one teen in the King suite with private bedroom and kitchen with sofa bed. It was...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Darin D, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield South, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
All of us here at Residence Inn thank you for taking time to go on line and share your thoughts and feelings pertaining to your stay. We were very pleased to know that all the investigating and preparing you did paid off and you experienced what you expected. Our constant goal is to deliver good customer service and make our guests feel welcomed and at home. Sorry about the problem you encountered with the luggage cart. We hope that in your next planning stage that you once again choose to stay with us. Please, upon your arrival, should you need any assistance with your luggage, don’t hesitate to let us know. We would be most happy to assist you. Once again, thanks for choosing Residence Inn and we look forward to having you come back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Defiance, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I've never stayed at a Residence Inn before. I will certainly look for them in the future. The rooms are suites and they don't skimp on the size of the bathroom either. The room was clean, the bed was comfy, although the mattress could have been a bit firmer for me. A nice assortment of snacks and wine are served in the lobby beginning at 6pm while the manager does artwork. The staff is friendly and helpful. Three minor annoyances - Internet speed seemed slow at times, it's not evident where the main entrance is, and the light outside my fourth floor room streamed in through the sides of one set of room darkening shades. It was quiet, however. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Darin D, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield South, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for taking time to share with us, your feelings and experiences while staying here at Residence Inn. We were happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with your room. We apologize for the internet problem. Sometimes having a full house and everyone using the internet, it can run a little slow at times. Know that we are sorry that you experienced this difficulty. We apologize also for the light that has shown into your room. These are safety lights and because of this, they remain li all night. Might I suggest that upon your next arrival, request a room that would not be near the security light, as we would be more than happy to accommodate you. We constantly strive for good customer service in making our guests comfortable. Once again, we were so happy that you chose to stay with us and even happier to know that you would make a return stay. Thanks so much for sharing your feelings with us. We welcome comments from our guests as it’s a good resource for future planning. We look forward to your return.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I would like to say that Shelton and Tammy work hard at making a safe environment. Making sure the sidewalks are clear of snow - and place deice to prevent trip and falls. I have even seen them remove snow guest auto's before some business traveler are heading out to warm up their cars. Along with helping guest if their car needs a jump. Last week my wife needed help in putting something together and they were more able to help. They show strong attention to guest and thier satisfaction. When you stay here you will notice the attention to details.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Darin D, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield South, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Hello Andy,
Thanks so much for taking time to go on line and sharing your thoughts and feelings. We appreciate hearing that you were pleased with the customer service which was provided for you and our other guests. We continuously strive to put Guest Service as our top priority and when we receive comments such as yours, we take pride in the fact that we are doing our job.
Once again, we all join in thanking you for your kind words and thoughts and hope that you will continue to keep us in mind when you make travel plans. Have a wonderful day!
Walt Disney World, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

My stay was for business in Sprinfield, approx 2 months at their hotel.
Although, I have been a continue Hilton guest, I am highly ecstatic I got to spend time at the Residence Inn instead of the Hilton. Please let me say why I feel that way and who made my stay so memorable!
Nancy, she is the night front desk person. She is impeccable. When I arrived late in the night, she greeted me with charm and acceptance and never seen to change a bit. She was always been kind, charismatic, funny and charming. I watched her work hard throughout late/early morning hours making coffee for guest, sweeping the front area, mopping the floors of entrances and hallways and always seem to do more than what was asked of her. She seem to take her job personally always seem to want the guest to be happy.. She really seemed like she cared about the Residence Inn and was devoted to helping the guest.
I have stayed at many hotels during my career but never have I have come across such a sweet, exciting courteous and most importantly extremely knowledgeable person! She makes me smile just thinking about her superb personality. All of my colleagues have said nothing but wonderful things about her and only wish other front desk persons outside your hotel can be like her.
No doubt the front desk is an important position and all the staff at the Residence Inn was great, but Nancy seems to go above and beyond. She seems to really care about the cleanliness of the hotel and the manner in which she helps the guest. Her customer service skills would make any guest want to return.
Nancy is awesome and I wanted to let everyone know, when in Springfield stay at the Residence Inn, you will not regret the hotel and wonderful staff like Nancy. She thoroughly contributed to my stay being very unforgettable!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Karen K
Darin D, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield South, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Karen,
Thanks so much for taking time to go on line and share your thoughts and feelings. We were so delighted to read what you had to share and are appreciative for your kind words in reference to Nancy. Nancy always does a nice job in making our guests feel welcome and takes much pride in the appearance of our hotel. I have shared your words with her and I'm sure this will make her very happy and pleased. We always strive to provide good customer service and after what you have written, it only proves that we are doing our job and Nancy is carrying our out goal. It pleases us greatly when we hear such comments about our Front Desk Associates. We hope that in your next travel plans, if in the area, you will come and stay with us again and allow us to continue giving you good customer service. Once again, on behalf of the staff and myself, I want to thank you for sharing your "memorable" moment!
Chesterfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stay in many Residence Inns and this was one of the nicest. Clean and beautifully decorated. The only suggestion I have is to have some body lotion in the bathroom. I forgot mine and with the heat on, it was very dry. Also, I had a makeup towelette the first day, but none the second day. Our friends, who we were traveling with, had none in their room across the hall. Other than that, everything was great! MW

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marlene W
Darin D, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield South, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Hello Marlene,
Thanks so much for taking time to go on line and share your feelings and suggestions with us. We always welcome comments and suggestions that will continually help us with our priority goal of good Guest Service. Generally do not put lotion in the rooms and we apologize for your not having any. We do keep a supply at the front desk, so when you come to see us again, please inform us and we will make sure that you do have lotion in your room. Anytime something is not replenished in your room, please let us know. Customer Service is our top priority and anytime you are missing an item in your room, please don't hesitate to let us know and we will bring right up to you. We hope that these two mishaps did not cause any inconvenience to you. It is our hope that in your next travel plans, you will once again choose to stay with us and allow us to make your stay comfortable and memorable. Once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

The service was super friendly and helpful. Our two bedroom, two bath suite was spacious and comfortable, and perfect for 2 adults and 3 kids. Nicely equipped kitchen and beautifully decorated throughout. The swimming pool was small but airy and pleasant, and the whirlpool and exercise room were nice. The breakfast buffet was pretty standard but plentiful--fruit, breads, scrambled eggs, sausage, cook your own waffles, oatmeal and yogurt. The location is about a 10 minute drive from the historic downtown and main tourist attractions.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Kim S
Darin D, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield South, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Hello Kim, The staff and I join in expressing our thanks to you for taking time to go on line and sharing your thoughts and feeling about Residence Inn. We constantly strive for good customer service and when we receive comments such as yours, it makes us feel as though we are doing our job. We hope that in your next travel plans, should you be in the area, you choose to stay with us again and allow us to once again make your stay memorable. Thanks again for your kind words and expressed thoughts.
Yorba Linda, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

If you have stayed at a Residence Inn, you know what to expect. This is fairly new so very clean and fresh. We were in a 2 BR suite with 2 full bathrooms and a pull out sofa. Suite had 3 flat screens.The kitchen area had a full size fridge, range, and dishwasher. Well equipped with dishes, pots pans. Hot breakfast had several selections and although hotel was full, there was plenty of seating. Staff were very nice. A few disappointments: on a cold December evening, there was no fire in the lobby fireplace. Also, the the snow in the parking lot had not been removed well. None of the 3 of us slept well due to the foam pillows.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MarenOC
Darin D, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield South, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Thank you for going on line and letting us know about your stay here at Residence Inn. We were happy that you stayed with us and to know that you enjoyed your room and all it contained. We are even more pleased to know that you found our staff to be very nice. We apologize for not having the fireplace lit. If this happens upon your next visit here, please bring it to our attention and we would be happy to turn it on for you. If you registered on line, they aren’t always cognizant of your needs, such as feather instead of foam pillows. Please give us a call and we will add this request to your registration. At this time we extend our wishes to you for a most pleasant and wonderful Holiday Season. We hope you will make a return stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity to make you feel comfortable.