“Excellent sushi.”

Ranked #40 of 526 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: Closed as of March 2013.
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Tiny place that doesn't look like much on the outside but outstanding sushi. Will definitely come back if ever in Springfield again.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This is by far the best sushi place in town. Prices aren't bad for the amount of food u get in the roll.

Date of visit: June 2014
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Admittedly I have not eaten a lot of sushi but this place is hands down the best. Rolls are made to order right in front of the customer and the sushi chef (and owner?) is very friendly. Prices are very reasonable. The place is becoming very popular which is good since that probably ensures it will not close down like many good restaurants have in Springfield. It is very small and seating is pretty limited. Earlier this week 8 family members went and we sat in a back room. This is ok since the other seating is invaded by carry out customers that have not called in their order. We had Man on Fire, Dragon Roll, Spider Roll, Anger Management and one other that I can't name. We also ordered edamame. After we stuffed ourselves the owner presented us with a Sweet Potato Roll and his "special roll" on the house. All were excellent. Expect to wait a bit. Happy Sushi is in an "iffy" neighborhood, has a small store front tucked away in a strip mall. I

Date of visit: June 2014
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband is a pipeliner and we travel ALOT, I was sad to be away for easter but happy sushi made it completely worth it. Words cant express how dedicated and educated the owner is. He was so friendly and he made our day very special. For a small sushi place it is truely a hidden gem. The rolls we got were amazing, such great tastes and sauce combos on each roll. He truely cares about his business and customers. I would drive back just to go here! Best sushi in town, excellent service, and sushi to die for!!!

Date of visit: April 2014
2  Thank hs104112
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I can't put into words how good this food is. Hiro is both talented and creative, usually creating some sort of surprise for me every time I go as a treat. Last time I was there for dinner he gave us a soup to try that was scrumptious! I love the smoky flavor of the Philly and the way the flavors mix together on the Yammay. You will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: January 2014