“not happy with happy sushi”
Review of Happy Sushi

Happy Sushi
Ranked #43 of 489 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: Closed as of March 2013.
Kent, Ohio
“not happy with happy sushi”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hate to go against the grain here, but my first visit to happy sushi was not what I had expected, or hoped for. The hamachi with scallion was overpowered by the scallion. The spicy tuna roll made my eyes water. The individual pieces of octopus, tuna and mackerel were generous -- huge, in fact -- but the rice fell apart on contact. Pieces that we not heavily spiced were tasteless. And the burley tea was grim -- coarse and bitter tasting. Don't know if I"ll be back, but certainly not before I try the other sushi places in town.

• Visited August 2014

“Excellent sushi.”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Tiny place that doesn't look like much on the outside but outstanding sushi. Will definitely come back if ever in Springfield again.

Springfield, Illinois
“YUM-O sushi for this town!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This is by far the best sushi place in town. Prices aren't bad for the amount of food u get in the roll.

• Visited June 2014
Springfield, IL
“Best sushi I have ever had.”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Admittedly I have not eaten a lot of sushi but this place is hands down the best. Rolls are made to order right in front of the customer and the sushi chef (and owner?) is very friendly. Prices are very reasonable. The place is becoming very popular which is good since that probably ensures it will not close down like many good restaurants have in Springfield. It is very small and seating is pretty limited. Earlier this week 8 family members went and we sat in a back room. This is ok since the other seating is invaded by carry out customers that have not called in their order. We had Man on Fire, Dragon Roll, Spider Roll, Anger Management and one other that I can't name. We also ordered edamame. After we stuffed ourselves the owner presented us with a Sweet Potato Roll and his "special roll" on the house. All were excellent. Expect to wait a bit. Happy Sushi is in an "iffy" neighborhood, has a small store front tucked away in a strip mall. I

• Visited June 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“had easter dinner here”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

My husband is a pipeliner and we travel ALOT, I was sad to be away for easter but happy sushi made it completely worth it. Words cant express how dedicated and educated the owner is. He was so friendly and he made our day very special. For a small sushi place it is truely a hidden gem. The rolls we got were amazing, such great tastes and sauce combos on each roll. He truely cares about his business and customers. I would drive back just to go here! Best sushi in town, excellent service, and sushi to die for!!!

Visited April 2014