“Wow”

La Calia
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: LA CALIA FOOD AND DRINK Brunch-0 Lunch- Dinner Full Bar, good selection of craft beer Wine Please see lacalia on facebook for upto date info
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Absolutely fabulous food! I have never had a meal that was not excellent. Leah's posole is the best ever! The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly and the employees are more than helpful. The salmon is awesome and perfectly prepared. Second to none! I recommend La Calia to everyone!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

After the Abe tours we found this little place around the corner.

I got a Procuitto sandwich and had the option of soup or veggies. I selected the Black Bean soup.

Wow! That soup rocked me. Its thick and beamy at the same time...and creamy. Never had anything like it before.

The Prosciutto Ham sandwich was great too. Lots of cheese and ham and toasted.

The beer selections are really great too.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

La Calia has a great atmosphere and customer service. I love they have a different special board nightly for dinner (The salmon is the best and it's fresh). For lunch I recommend the fish tacos.I have had brunch, lunch and dinner here and have had a pleasant experience and a terrific meal everytime!!! The veggies are fresh, everything is delicious and it's just what this town needs! When you go here be sure to have either the chili pot or the homeade ice cream for dessert...it's truely amazing. Hats off to the chef and staff. There are a lot of restaurants in Springfield but I will choose La Calia everytime.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

La Calia is located in a tiny storefront "kitty-corner" across from the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library. This may scare off some people. NOT ME!

La Calia offers fresh, modern takes on old classics. My first visit, my hubby and I split a "grilled cheese sandwich." It was a combination of chopped artichoke hearts, a special sauce, cream cheese and it was very lightly grilled on home-made swirled (marbled) bread. It was a revelation! On my next visit, I had the rice and beans bowl, which couldn't have been more simply and deliciously prepared. All of this is very reasonably priced, in an atmosphere of charm (can we say, "tin ceiling?!") and great, really friendly, service. (I love that the servers text the orders to the cook.)

I love to give my business to downtown Springfield, and this is my new "go to" place for a quick lunch when treating special people to a healthy lunch. Located within a few short blocks of both hospitals, which would be a serene getaway for families with hospitalized loved ones.

Don't miss it!

2  Thank caringinthemoment
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stopped for lunch while visiting the Lincoln sites. Fish tacos were delicious and the service was friendly and efficient.

1  Thank TheWanderingJoe