“Another hour long wait for a reservation”

Chesapeake Seafood House
Ranked #8 of 494 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Since 1983 Chesapeake Seafood House has been serving Springfield IL with fresh seafood and hand cut steaks. We take pride in the community and in our dishes. Not much has changed over the years. Serving winning recipes that people have counted on being the same year after year. We don't want to take away anyone's favorites. Consistent quality has been the key to our success. Choosing only the freshest and finest seafood, steaks and vegetables makes us everyone's favorite restaurant in Central Illinois. We serve both locals and large tour buses who are visiting Springfield or just passing through. Once you visit Chesapeake Seafood House, you will be back!
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Does management understand when a customer has to wait for an hour past their reservation time; the customer will not come back? What is wrong with this restaurant management? I am the second person within the past week experiencing the same issue.

1  Thank danh007

Reviewed 1 December 2013

The food was wonderful. The atmosphere fantastic. If you are in the area don't miss this place. A full meal deal well worth the price.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I wanted to have a nice thanksgiving dinner with my wife so we decided to try this place. The reservations we made did not matter we still had to wait an hour to get our table. This is poor management to say the least. While I was there we were standing by the main desk and this smelly old guy kept bringing food by to take to the buffett. We were wondering how long it was going to take to be sat then this cook came from the back doors to the kitchen and started ordering everyone around. The guy needed to calm down it wasnt the people up fronts fault people were not being seated, it was the manager who overbooked the restaurants fault. When we did finally get sat we settled for a table upstairs and got terrible service from a waitress that didnt even wash her hands. The restaurant seemed like it was understaffed that day or maybe just overbooked. The food was not bad but the turkey was so so. Very dissappointed and expected better.

2  Thank bob h
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The food was outstanding and the service was exceptional, my only quibble is that on the evening we dined here they had overbooked and we had to wait half an hour for our table. After a long drive, I must admit I was somewhat grumpy especially as it was my wife's birthday; by way of an apology we were not charged for the bottle of wine we had with the meal.

Our waitress seemed to have some magical quality, she seemed to miraculously appear in anticipation of our needs; being a regular diner in 1* & 2* Michelin rated restaurants I can safely say I have never experienced service like it was here.

So long as you are prepared to wait to be seated this restaurant is well worth the visit.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Not only did we enjoy a delicious lunch buffet but we also learned some of the history of this wonderful house. The charm of the staff matches the charm of the restaurant. Our drink glasses were kept full and even though we were close to the end of lunch time, we were not rushed. The seafood casserole and the meatloaf are equally tasty.