“Very different menu selections”
Review of Cafe Brio - CLOSED

Cafe Brio
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My husband and I ate dinner and brunch at this restaurant. We had a $25 voucher from a Travelzoo package . We mistakenly thought we could use it for dinner , but it was only accepted for lunch. Not quite happy that the restaurant wouldn't accept it . But we dealt with it. The dinner choices were a Brio burger, which was good and the habenero chicken . It seems as if there was a mexican ???? flavor to the dishes, but not your average mexican fare. They also supply freshly made salsa with chips for each table. The salsa was delicious. We went back for brunch and again the selections were not the average.... I had tamale cakes with bacon and eggs and my husband had black bean and eggs burrito. Both were good. I would recommend it to others, simply for the different spin on the meals. Coffee was great also. They have tables , but also have window seating.... where you can be seated on a wooden bench with your back to window and tall tables and bar stools for the other side of the table. Service was good.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Service was fine. The guac we ordered for the chips seemed like it was out of a tub from a grocery store. No flavor or freshness. The chips weren't that good but the salsa was nice. It had a smoky flavor. The chicken chili was okay but nothing special. The fries with my husbands sandwich were cold. He thought the bread on his sandwich was good. No comment from the waiter on the uneaten guac or fries. Would not go back.

Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

It is a hit or miss with this restaurant. And it was not a little overdone...it was tasting badly burnt.....

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I have a fondness for Cafe Brio. Many moons ago we lived in Springfield. Ten years ago, Cafe Brio was the place to be. It was generally full with a wait-list to get a table. We still dine here from time to time when we visit my parents. The restaurant doesn't seem to be as busy as it once was. If you have never eaten here before, you would still enjoy your meal. The meals are heavy on the flavors of Mexico and the Southwest. I have always enjoyed their drinks, especially their "real" margaritas (not a sweet and sour mix). If they still serve fresh squeezed orange juice and lemonade, they are fantastic as well.

Their side dishes of potatoes or vegetables were always good. If you do not like cumin, ask the waiter about what dishes may have less cumin. They use much cumin, which I like, but some people do not. The wait staff are friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Met our daughter and her fiance in Springfield on a Monday night in December. I had read through their website and found nothing to indicate hours, but they list a dinner menu, so I mistakenly assumed they would be open nightly. Either the restaurant has closed, or they're just not open on Mondays for dinner. I probably should have called, but kind of expect a restaurant with a web presence to list their hours if they are closed on certain days.

Wish I could tell you it was great; never got the chance!