“Wonderful soups and sandwiches”
Review of The Feed Store

The Feed Store
Ranked #18 of 494 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The soups and sandwiches are excellent! It's usually very crowded over the lunch hour, but they move people in and out fairly quickly. It's worth the wait. It's locally owned and staff are very friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Right on the square on the same block of Lincoln's law office. Fast, efficient. It was recommended by staff at the museum. Soup was great on a chilly day and the salad was huge!! Very nice.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I was walking in the rain on a chilly day when my appetite led me onto The Feed Store. It was not only warm and dry, but the staff was a ready to greet me with refreshing warmth to my soul. The menu was very versatile and perfect for the day. I had homemade vegetable soup and a turkey sandwich. I was able to watch the staff prepare food in a safe, careful way. I was amazed by the lady that used a ladle to put soup into cups and bowls. She never spilled a drop. I tried to snap a picture, but never could catch her at the perfect pose. I highly recommend this cozy, hometown popular lunch spot.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

The food was good with good service (associated where always asking if you needed a refill or anything). Ordered from the counter but was delivered to the table. Atmosphere was clean pleasant.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

At lunchtime, this is a very, very busy crowded place. They have an interesting and very interesting system; they take orders from the people standing in line, and by the time you've found a seat -- they deliver your food!
I had a delicious chowder, brimming with vegetables. I had a craving for chicken salad, but I wanted a big, thick, full sandwich. I asked the server for an extra portion of chicken salad, but he assured me that the sandwich filling would be very generous. It wasn't. On my next visit, I would insist on a double portion.

I didn't order dessert, but my companions had carrot cake which they said was delicious.