“Excellent”

Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We cordially invite you to enjoy lunch, dinner or a cocktail. At Mangia’s, guests are #1. From the moment you arrive at our casually elegant establishment, we present warm, attentive and personalized service. We offer authentic Italian cuisine using homemade sauces, fresh ingredients, and creative recipes. You can choose from Appetizers, Salads, Pasta Specials, or Pasta Modo Mio – you choose your pasta, sauce and accompaniment . Or try our Daily Special. We also offer steak, chicken and seafood. And your meal won’t be complete without trying the Chef’s own Butterscotch Cannoli! Weather permitting, outside seating is available on the south side of the plaza, viewing the Old State Capitol. All within walking distance of the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, and great shops. Dine-in, Carry-out, Delivery (downtown area), Catering, Gift CertificatesReservations Accepted , Full Bar – Fine Dining, Casual AtmosphereMangia Bene !!
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great Pesto, Halibut and Spaghetti and Meatballs. Desserts were also great: cannolies and Italian ice. Had antipasto too. Good selections of wine. Staff were friendly and attentive. Nice ambiance.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had pasta and pizza. the pasta sauce was fabulous. My husband makes his own sauce and this was comparable to his. We also had their pizza which was delicious but a little soggy.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Marcella Hazzan once called food "an act of affection," but this so called Italian food is closer to an act of crime. This is easily the worst food I have had in Springfield. I went there 4 times hoping it was a fluke. My last time there I had three courses, non of which I could eat, and non of which was what was described on their menu. They have been out of basic menu items (such as lettuce) on each occasion, which is perhaps their greatest act of affection yet.

3  Thank spiil
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

The food and drinks @ this restaurant are delicious! A little expensive but soooo good! The building is facing the "old state capitol". We went right when it opened and it wasn't busy yet. Definitely recommend the restaurant!!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This was our second time to try Mangia. My son had cannelloni and loved it. My husband had Chicken Francais and thought it was good. I ordered butter and garlic spaghetti and got something else. I asked the server what the nut type ingredient was and she said pine nuts. I told her that I had this dish before and it did not have nuts in it. She offered to get it remade with less nuts but that they do come in this dish. At the end of the meal, I grabbed a menu and told her she did not give me the dish that I had ordered. She gave me a dish that did have pine nuts in it, but that the butter and garlic dish that I ordered did not. She just said sorry. Was charged full price for the meal that I got but didn't order. Didn't offer to reduce the meal, give free desert, nothing. Disappointed me that a dining establishment wouldn't have provider better customer service. She knew I had the wrong meal, but did nothing for service recovery. For a $70 meal for three, I really expected better.