“Not What I Expected, but okay”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Clay's Popeye's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #207 of 495 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I was visiting the area and extensively searched for a BBQ restaurant. Based on the reviews, we went and it wasn't as expected. In a nutshell, if you are looking for BBQ that reflects that Chicago flare, this place has lost it's spark. According, to one of the locals, it has undergone a change in management over the years. My kids loved the BBQ chicken, my rib dinner was very disappointing.

1  Thank JANET4749

Reviewed 15 June 2012

This place has been around for sometime, and BBQ is their game, Pulled pork, Chicken and ribs, rib tips, and sausage. I have eaten there more times than I can count and have Never had a bad meal, the people that run and own it are great and try their best to please the customer. Clean as a pin, you can't go wrong there if your into BBQ.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Looking for a good hometown BBQ place and found good reviews on Popeye's so decided to give it a try. It was very good! We ordered the ribs! They were awesome! For $12 you get about 7 or 8 bones and coleslaw. Lots of reviews talked about the friendly staff so my expectations may have been a little high. It seemed it was a quiet Sat afternoon and while friendly they also didn't have much to say. It was good and I would go back.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

My wife and I went here while seeing Springfield. I'd say one of the best BBQ places out there. Well worth going to.
Eat and enjoy!

Reviewed 3 July 2011

I have tried bbq joints all over the country, still have not found one that can beat this place. You guys do it right keep up the good work. Mayor of Gateway

1  Thank drs11111