“New, Clean, and Modern”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Springfield
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This is by far the most modern Country Inn and Suites I have stayed at. I am not sure when it opened, but everything was spotless. The front desk staff was helpful and pleasant to talk with. The cookies at night were a nice added touch. Our room was well done. They definitely designed the room for business people (or families travelling with teens) because there were outlets everywhere including 2 on each side of each queen beds, outlets on the lamp on the nightstand, and outlets on the desk. I wish all hotels had this! The beds were comfortable and the bathroom well-designed. The breakfast included eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffles, yogurt and all of the continental breakfast items. The food was fresh and was replenished quickly. The only negatives I would say is the construction on the gas station in front of the hotel and the configuration of the parking lot, which put us quite far from the from entrance when we arrived around 8:30. Note: If you put this in your GPS, it does not exactly take you to the hotel. If coming from I-55, it is across the parking lot of the Bob Evans (immediately on the left).

Room Tip: Upper floor away from the elevator. Unfortunately in this hotel, there really is no good view (cons...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Green24

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed one night in this hotel on our way to St. Louis. An overnight to make time for the Lincoln attractions. The hotel is brand new and in the new style that Country Inn and Suites is changing to. Gone is the country feel, replaced with a very modern look. Both looks manage to give the same soothing, comfortable feel, but the new look was due. The beds were extremely comfortable!! The staff was incredibly nice and helpful. A cool looking gas fireplace welcomes you when you enter. It's a small property, but they made great use of the space. The pool is quite small but my kids still enjoyed it. The workout room is also on the small side, but it has a Life Fitness treadmill, elliptical and bike and some weight equipment. Breakfast was great. Fresh, well stocked and a nice variety. The location is a bit of a drive from downtown Springfield but very manageable and worth the price savings.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SleepSeekingMom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I've stayed in Country Inn locations before, but never in a brand new one. Though this has the fireplace you'll find in all their hotels, the decor was distinctly modern and very nice at that.

The location is easy to find, right off I-55, about 15 minutes from the downtown attractions everybody goes to Springfield for.

Staff was helpful. Breakfast was good, although as a tea drinker, I was disappointed that they had no regular breakfast tea.

The internet worked. Towels are nice and fluffy. I would stay here again if in Springfield.

Room Tip: I could hear traffic from I-55, so if you are a light sleeper, you might want to request a room on t...
1  Thank ProfandMom
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I was looking for a relatively cheap hotel with good reviews. Based on other reviews we chose this Country Inn.

Good: New, clean, modern.
Bad: Tiny rooms, no hair dryer, room key malfunction, directions on GPS wrong.

While I sort of agree that's it's clean, I guess you gotta pick your poison.

I would prefer to pay a little more and have all the amenities. This hotel is state of the art with LED lighting, pass-card room keys, etc. But, they could not get my room key to open the workout room door. After rekeying, etc and several trips back to the front desk, they finally had to use the master key to let me in the workout area. Not a huge deal, but a real inconvenience nonetheless.

After showering I was looking around for the hair dryer, and guess what? Nope. They provide an iron (who irons?!), but no dryer. Go figure.

The room has two queen beds, but there is hardly enough room for two. I would hate to try four people in this room!

So, all in all, not a bad stay, just not a good one. I would probably pass next time. There is a Crowne Plaza and a Drury right across the street. I have stayed at both and they are sized to meet my needs with All the amenities. I guess you just gotta pick what you are willing to do without.

Our GPS took us within a block of the hotel. After searching and not finding it, we called the hotel. They said that GPS is wrong. Yup. It is directly behind a huge new filling station being built and is not well marked. Call for directions.

Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Novavettnut
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Our Debate team stayed at this hotel recently and we cannot say enough good things about it. It is a brand new hotel (only open for 3 1/2 months) so everything is shiny and new. It is as beautiful as any five star hotel with tasteful stone and natural wood adornments in the lobby and dining room, and raised sinks and and rain showers in the baths. The employees and manager were friendly and helpful. The breakfast offerings were extensive and fresh. But most of all, it was clean! We brought a loud crew of teenagers with us but this did not ruffle the staff. There were other teams of high school students there for various competitions, but the sound-proofing ensured everyone a quiet night sleep. We will book this again next year provided we make state again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed at the end of a week long family adventure and were very impressed with this hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Hotel was very new, very clean, and very welcoming. The bed was the most comfortable of the week. The room was nice with a king bed and a sofa sleeper which our 16 and 12 year old did not complain about sleeping on. Breakfast was in a very well designed dining area and the food was fresh and good. This is probably the best Country Inn that we have stayed at.

1  Thank Tom D
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed 2 nights in March of 2014. Hotel is only one year old. Everything was very clean. All the staff were uber friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. Continental breakfast was one of the best we've every had with good variety and kept fresh.. The rooms are well designed with plenty of outlets for all your devices. Beds were very comfortable. Very good value.

1  Thank Tim H