“Wonderful Experience! ”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Springfield
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
“Wonderful Experience! ”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Very nice, clean and all amenities that a traveler needs. Great price, located right off interstate. Staff friendly and polite. Stay couldn't have went better! Easily booked online, quick and easy check in. Highly recommended to all! It's new, I hope they keep up the great work and maintain it!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Drew B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stay over 75 nights a year in hotels, and this was one of the best, I only live an hour from this property, but needed a room for the night after an event, I advised them that I would be arriving late when I booked with points. But decided to check in before the event, and they already had my room ready, and accommodated my no feathers request perfectly. I was thanked for being a gold member and given an upgraded suite, a very nice room. very modern and well appointed. I will be using this property frequently and look forward to staying! Also slight side note- I called the hotel to ask about check in age (I'm a pretty young businessman) and was told 21, which I am slightly shy of. I explained to them I was an IATA accredited travel agent and would be happy to present the card at check in, they told me quickly no problem! They also did not as for the card on check-in, Very impressed with the way the hotel handled this.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank J W K
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We have stayed at many hotels. We were on our way back from down south and randomly chose Country Inn and I am so glad we did. This was the best hotel I have ever stayed at, reasonably priced and the hospitality was above and beyond. Added bonus was the complimentary continental breakfast that is served in the morning. It was delicious. I would highly recommend Country Inn Springfield Illinois, you will not be dissappointed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Sean S
De Soto, Missouri
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We looked at each other and asked, "When was the last time a hotel breakfast bar provided china plates and good eggs?" We couldn't remember! But after a good night's sleep - that is the first thing we were greeted with in the morning. We will be returning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MarshaJT
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I travel to Springfield a few times a month and the Hotel l normally stay at was fully booked. I was able to get a room in here and I was so happy with the service and the overall feel of this Hotel . I will be staying here in future and would recommend it highly to anybody that wanted a great night sleep.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Gary W
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I spent a week at this hotel while in Springfield for a training class. The hotel front desk staff was sufficient and the breakfast lady was super nice. The hotel is near the interstate, other restaurants, hotels and its easy to get to the rest of town. Only down side is that the hotel has only one slow elevator. It's brand new and they are building a convenience store right next to it. So that will be good for travelers.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank CB6699
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I booked a room for a week through CLC for a business trip based on the reviews here. I was not disappointed. The hotel seems brand new and is very modern. Check in was quick and efficient. They even gave me some basic toiletries since I forgot my shave kit at the house. The wireless internet is super fast and better than any hotel I have stayed at. My room was nice and clean, the beds were comfortable, the shower was hot and had nice water pressure with plenty of clean towels. Breakfast is good and included items like eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, breads and pastries, cold cereal, hot and cold beverages, etc. Some bacon would have been nice, but it's not like I went hungry or anything. Their coffee is actually quite good and pairs well with the free cookies they have available all day long. I would definitely stay here again at the CLC rate.

Room Tip: The rooms on the side that face the interstate can be a bit loud from the passing traffic so if you...