Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Springfield, IL
SleepInn
US$170
US$98
  • Pool
Baymont Inn & Suites Springfield(Springfield)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$67
US$107
All reviewsgas stationpower plantfront deskgreat hotelbob evanspotatoeswafflesbiscuits and gravycookiesnewer hoteloff the highwaya great stayhot breakfastthe breakfast areastaff was very friendly and helpfulclean hotelother hotels
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Hotels probably have a love hate relationship with large groups traveling together for various competitive events. So, allowing them to congregate late night in the dinning area makes better sense than having them partying in rooms and halls. But, when your room is directly above the party in a stick built hotel, do not plan on sleeping much. I complained about the noise both nights we stayed. The first night ended about midnight but the second night the desk failed to calm them down until the wee hours of the morning. Lesson learned. We should have selected a center city hotel catering to tourists, not teams.
Very nice new property. The amenities we were excellent. The failure of the staff to regulate the noise was a big disappointment.

Room Tip: If you stay ask for a room above the second floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank MikeFN9020PM
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Springfield, IL, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize that the noise of others kept you from enjoying your stay. Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again.

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Very nice, clean and all amenities that a traveler needs. Great price, located right off interstate. Staff friendly and polite. Stay couldn't have went better! Easily booked online, quick and easy check in. Highly recommended to all! It's new, I hope they keep up the great work and maintain it!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Drew B
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stay over 75 nights a year in hotels, and this was one of the best, I only live an hour from this property, but needed a room for the night after an event, I advised them that I would be arriving late when I booked with points. But decided to check in before the event, and they already had my room ready, and accommodated my no feathers request perfectly. I was thanked for being a gold member and given an upgraded suite, a very nice room. very modern and well appointed. I will be using this property frequently and look forward to staying! Also slight side note- I called the hotel to ask about check in age (I'm a pretty young businessman) and was told 21, which I am slightly shy of. I explained to them I was an IATA accredited travel agent and would be happy to present the card at check in, they told me quickly no problem! They also did not as for the card on check-in, Very impressed with the way the hotel handled this.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank J W K
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We have stayed at many hotels. We were on our way back from down south and randomly chose Country Inn and I am so glad we did. This was the best hotel I have ever stayed at, reasonably priced and the hospitality was above and beyond. Added bonus was the complimentary continental breakfast that is served in the morning. It was delicious. I would highly recommend Country Inn Springfield Illinois, you will not be dissappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sean S
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We looked at each other and asked, "When was the last time a hotel breakfast bar provided china plates and good eggs?" We couldn't remember! But after a good night's sleep - that is the first thing we were greeted with in the morning. We will be returning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple