“Impressed with customer service.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Springfield
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
“Impressed with customer service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I booked the room for five people and our room was not stocked with enough pillows and towels. On top of that our air conditioner was broken. After all the issues the manager was generous enough to give us the night for free for our trouble. The building was clean, breakfast was great, gym equipments are new and the kids enjoyed the pool. Staff are accomodating as much as possible.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank scrutinize

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Kenosha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel is fairly new. Very nicely done. The workers are very pleasant. We enjoyed our stayed.
The continental breakfast was delicious. Was a good variety to choose from. It will even be better when the gas station is completed.

3 Thank Linda S
chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Clean, New, friendly. Shower rain forest style;wonderful. Rooms spacious. Well lit parking lot. Quiet dark rooms.right of highway. . Strange mix of two cereals in the frosted flakes. Otherwise perfect stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank hoby1kanobee
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Hotels probably have a love hate relationship with large groups traveling together for various competitive events. So, allowing them to congregate late night in the dinning area makes better sense than having them partying in rooms and halls. But, when your room is directly above the party in a stick built hotel, do not plan on sleeping much. I complained about the noise both nights we stayed. The first night ended about midnight but the second night the desk failed to calm them down until the wee hours of the morning. Lesson learned. We should have selected a center city hotel catering to tourists, not teams.
Very nice new property. The amenities we were excellent. The failure of the staff to regulate the noise was a big disappointment.

Room Tip: If you stay ask for a room above the second floor.
9 Thank MikeFN9020PM
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Springfield, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize that the noise of others kept you from enjoying your stay. Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Very nice, clean and all amenities that a traveler needs. Great price, located right off interstate. Staff friendly and polite. Stay couldn't have went better! Easily booked online, quick and easy check in. Highly recommended to all! It's new, I hope they keep up the great work and maintain it!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Drew B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stay over 75 nights a year in hotels, and this was one of the best, I only live an hour from this property, but needed a room for the night after an event, I advised them that I would be arriving late when I booked with points. But decided to check in before the event, and they already had my room ready, and accommodated my no feathers request perfectly. I was thanked for being a gold member and given an upgraded suite, a very nice room. very modern and well appointed. I will be using this property frequently and look forward to staying! Also slight side note- I called the hotel to ask about check in age (I'm a pretty young businessman) and was told 21, which I am slightly shy of. I explained to them I was an IATA accredited travel agent and would be happy to present the card at check in, they told me quickly no problem! They also did not as for the card on check-in, Very impressed with the way the hotel handled this.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank J W K
Kenosha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We have stayed at many hotels. We were on our way back from down south and randomly chose Country Inn and I am so glad we did. This was the best hotel I have ever stayed at, reasonably priced and the hospitality was above and beyond. Added bonus was the complimentary continental breakfast that is served in the morning. It was delicious. I would highly recommend Country Inn Springfield Illinois, you will not be dissappointed.

3 Thank Sean S