“melo yellow”
Review of Mel-o-Cream Donuts

Mel-o-Cream Donuts
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Springfield
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Best darn donuts around ! You must try these. Glazed, chocolate long johns and glazed french are my favorites, Good coffee and fast service to boot!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I couldn't wait to try these spectacular donuts! Uh, they are just regular donuts! I expected something special, gourmet, fancy, different....nope.

1  Thank AuntieSusie
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Locally owned, fresh baked daily, lots of choices. If you cannot find a donut you like, you just don't like donuts.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We had hoped to have breakfast at Café Moxo, but they were closed on Memorial Day. Our second choice was Mel-O-Cream, and it did not disappoint. A banner on the building noted they are celebrating their 80th anniversary. My husband and I tried four different donuts, and they were all excellent. The male and female working the counter were very friendly and helpful. If we lived near Springfield, I'm sure Mel-O-Cream would be our donut of choice.

1  Thank eatshoptravel
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Mel-O-Cream makes the absolute best donuts ever! Soft and fresh, love their frostings and cremes. My favs are their cinnamon rolls, chocolate old fashioned, coconut creme filled, and long johns, but I would gladly take any kind because they are all delicious. Not sure what their long-time family recipe is for these treats, but they are far better than Krispy Kreme or Dunkin' Donuts! Plus, they are locally owned and have been supporting our community for 80 years! Believe me when I say it is pure pleasure to support this local business. YUM!!!

1  Thank tlawrick