“Course is in terrible shape for the cost”

Piper Glen Golf Club
Springfield, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Course is in terrible shape for the cost”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

We recently played Piper Glen early on a Sunday morning. For a price of $49 which included 18 holes of golf and the cart fee, I expect the course to be in excellent condition. Their webite speaks of great value and a course that is in great shape...It was anything but that. Numerous tee boxes that were being overrun by crab grass. We did not come across a single bunker that had any sand in it, mostly just mud. There were also many grees that had rough or bare spots where the grass had simply died out. For the conditions of the course I think a cost of $20 or less may have been more appropriate.....I will not be back any time soon!

Visited May 2011
2 Thank amskjd2000

Springfield, IL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“What happened to customer service?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2009

I have been to Piper twice now they have a special (after 6, 9 holes, $15) The first time the man behind the register told us he wasnt going to serve us because there was something more important on the 18th green and I quote. "Don't be thinking that I am going to serve you right away, Its the city tournament and I've been waiting for this all day." We obliged and went on. Today the last time I will ever play there we walked in at 6:10, it was a bit cloudy but there were people on the course. We asked how he was doing and he replied with a stern, "alright, you boys are going to keep me here until 8 aren't you?" Took my money in a quick wisp and a dirty look. If I'm going to spend my money on gold I will do it at one of the other 10-15 courses in the area. Try Illini Country Club at least they care about your business.

4 Thank Golfer87