“Southern charm, Midwest hospitality, Amazing food!”
Review of Julia's Kitchen and Lounge - CLOSED

Julia's Kitchen and Lounge
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is a newer restaurant in the shadow of the Capitol which has become a fast favorite with the locals! I was in town for my son's wedding, so Julia's was chosen by the Springfield natives for a relaxing dinner before the other guests began arriving. The decor is so charming and modern and the food was to die for. Being from the south, I loved the southern vibe to the menu. It's my understanding that Julia is a protege of Paula Deen, which explains the fabulous menu selections! We ordered the hushpuppies with honey and jalapeno and they were outstanding! For dinner, I ordered the Low Country Boil which was everything yummy you could hope for on a plate...big meaty shrimp, andouille sausage, new potatoes and corn on the cob. It was amazing. I hear the lobster mac and cheese gets big thumbs up, so I'm going to give that a try next time...and there WILL be a next time!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Third time back and the food is wonderful! Like my granny from the South! We had dinner the first two times, a grilled/glazed pork chop over sweet potatoes which was fresh and delicious. This last time was for lunch and I had the pulled pork sandwich. My husband had a grouper sandwich. Both were excellent choices. Let's keep this restaurant going!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Love, love, love this place. The Fried Green Tomato BLT is delicious. Bloody Mary was spicy and full of veggies. Get the potato salad as your side. Really good. My daughter had the Mac n cheese sandwich and thought it was great. Nice atmosphere. I'm anxious to go back and try some other dishes.

1  Thank Kathy c
Reviewed 12 May 2014

After going to eat with at Julia's with a girlfriend I couldn't wait to take my husband and my daughter and her boyfriend! We had the lobster macaroni and cheese tapa and it was incredible. Along with that we had their fantastic Moscato wine. For dinner three of us had the fried chicken with yukon gold mashed potatoes and skiitake cream sauce - yum!! My husband had the Low Country boil - Georgian Gulf Shrimp, New Potatoes, Corn, Andouille Sausage. He loved it! Julia herself comes around to make sure everything is just right and she brought us some wonderful biscuits - this was new from the first time I had eaten there. Live music was great and the place was full of customers. Can't wait to go back again!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Southern style fare - for lunch I had a corn and potato salad - literally a potato salad with corn served over greens, with a mustard based dressing. Very yummy. Nice ambiance. Good luck to them - this location is the graveyard of many ambitious restaurants over the years.