“Sunday Brunch”

Julia's Kitchen and Lounge
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I tried Julia's this past weekend. Very eclectic place and menu that we thoroughly enjoyed. We sat outside which was nice because all the tables have shade. We had breakfast and lunch options on the menu. Very unique items. We tried the fried green tomato BLT and the grill chicken sandwiches and shared them. Both were great. I'm not a big goat cheese fan so may order BLT without it if I have it again. The fries are homemade and delicious. I had a mimosa and felt like I was on vacation while dining alfresco. We will definitely go back because there are so many things we want to try. Loved it!!

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

On a getaway trip to Springfield with friends we stumbled upon Julia's. We loved it! Our lunch was wonderful--from out-of-this-world Bloody Mary's to fried green tomato BLTs, creamy potato salad, and lucious cheesecakes--nothing could have been better. All with a Southern flare. Best of all, Julia herself visited with us for several minutes. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Have been there 3 times. Once for dinner and twice for lunch. Their fried chicken and mashed potatoes are true southern style and delicious. Try their green tomato BLT with pesto. Wonderful potato salad! Today had their blacken grouper with slaw and gumbo soup-yum! The atmosphere is charming with very good service. A great addition to Springfield.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I've been here twice in the past couple months. The ambiance is wonderful. The food is overpriced. I'm not afraid to spend big money, but when I do, I want fabulous. The food here is so mixed. Some things are WONDERFUL and some are practically inedible. And plenty is just average. I think one problem is that there is nothing moderately priced on the menu. Most restaurants have a few choices that are of lesser cost, and there's a psychology there that makes the diner feel better, even if or especially if they end up ordering the more expensive meals. Staff was friendly and average service.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I am very disappointed since this place was highly recommended. I am white and I went there for dinner with my African American husband and they sat us in the corner. At first, I didn't give much attention to it, but after they sat another African American couple next to us it became apparent that there might have been some ulterior motive. Mind you, we were the only ones sitting in the corner of the restaurant when they had many other tables available in much better areas of the restaurant. The food was just okay. The chicken was good but the salmon didn't have any flavor and it was floating in a ton of green liquid. The dessert was a disaster. Apparently, they were out of cream that comes with the bread pudding but our server didn't think about letting us know that before he brought it to our table. Had I known this I'd have ordered something else. He basically served us half of the offered dessert but still charged us the full price.

2  Thank Taciani D