“Affordable Clean Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Itasca, Illinois
“Affordable Clean Hotel”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 3 night stay at this lovely little hotel in Springfield. We would definitely stay there again. The hotel was extremely clean, our room was spacious and comfortable with a very nice bathroom, the pool was spotless, hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, every night in the lobby they offered a free newspaper, cookies and coffee, breakfast was included, and finally it is not far to drive to all the wonderful historical sites in Springfield.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank momdad44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Hanover, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here and were very pleased with the experience. We didn't get the king size bed we requested; due to booking through a discounter, I'm sure. But we still liked our room. Great beds and lots of pillows! Nice sized bathroom, with a really nice shower; i.e. good water flow with various settings. Free breakfast was included. BUT- please note that you only get eggs and bacon, healthier choices etc. on certain days. We didn't realize this, and were very disappointed at the sad selection we faced on Saturday morning. The breakfast room was packed with people, but they were not finding the selection pleasing either; English muffins, bread, waffles, instant oatmeal, cereal and fruit cocktail out of a giant can. No protein options. If you're diabetic, wheat allergic, or some other condition that prohibits LOTS of carbs and sugar - you need to go out (lots of restaurants, fast food nearby) or bring your own source of nourishment on these days. This hotel is only 10 minutes from downtown Springfield and sites. Very easy access off of the interstate. Quiet location and cozy lobby. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Minneapolis
Reviewed 30 October 2013

First of all, this isn't a five star hotel. I think it's rated a 2-3, depending on your rating site. That being said, for the price I paid, I was very, very happy with this place and I think you would really have to have 5-Star expectations to find anything to truly complain about. I booked this on hotwire for $70.00 a night, staying two nights. Unfortunately, Hotwire forgot to tell the hotel. However, they made things right immediately, contacted the booking agent while I was right there, gave them some grief for screwing up my check in, and got me into a room right away. I was a little concerned however, as the room was directly off the main lobby and right next to the business center. I thought, "Oh, great! I am going to be hearing people coming and going all night long and a ton of noise!" Not so! I heard absolutely nothing, save for a group of teenage girls going back to their room about an hour after check in, giggling and laughing like teenage girls do while walking through the hallway. Lasted less than a minute, and that is the only noise I heard in the two days that I stayed there.

The room itself is very nice, super clean, and of average size. We booked a room with two queen beds, but I don't think the photos do it justice. When I saw the red carpeting in the pictures, I thought, "UGH!! Dated red carpeting!" But it is actually kind of an orangey red, and brand new! Likewise, the furniture all seems to be brand new, as well! And I really appreciated the fridge and microwave in the room, as my mother was traveling with me and she was planning to stay all day in the room while I was away at a meeting in another part of town and had the car. We had picked up some food for her that she was able to keep cold all night and heat up the next day, so she wasn't stuck there without a hot meal.

Speaking of food...they also have a nice free breakfast that is included with the room fee. It is a pretty nice variety...bagels, rolls, bread for toast, waffles, oatmeal, cereal, juice, coffee, tea, fruit, etc. one day there were eggs & sausage...which saves a traveler at least $10-$20 a day, depending on where you eat breakfast. The dining room was very clean, and even though they were busy, we did not have any trouble finding a place to sit. There are plenty of tables. And there is also a coffee pot and hot water dispenser with lemon water and tea bags in the lobby for after hours.

If you want to venture out, there seems to be plenty of fast food places right up the street. I can't remember what was all there for sure as we did not go to any of them, but I do remember there was an Arby's right there, and a Walmart a little further down the street as well if you need to pick anything else up, so super convenient.

I have to think really hard here to come up with anything to complain about, but the only thing I found less than stellar was the bathtub drain, which ran very, very slow. When I took a shower, there was standing water. However, it drained out rather quickly once the water stopped, so I think this is probably just a quick fix and certainly nothing that would prevent me from booking here again.

Overall, I think this is an awesome hotel with enough bells and whistles...free internet service in your room, too, which worked without a hitch...to make it well worth the time and money. Personally, I would not hesitate to stay here again, and probably will. Nothing over the top fancy-schmancy, but definitely a well above average stay in a nice, clean space with a staff that knows how a guest should be treated!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank elle55407
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I recently stayed here while attending a conference at the hotel. My room was clean, modern, quiet, and spacious. The AC worked well and the shower was hot with a choice of settings. The WiFi worked well. The front desk staff were pleasant and helpful. There was some confusion during my check-in but they took care of it promptly and courteously. There is not a restaurant or room service in the hotel but they do have a continental breakfast that was good with both hot and cold food choices. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank debbie678
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Booked an overnight stay here & was pleasantly surprised at how clean, spacious, and covenient the hotel was to various shops, restaurants, and attractions. The room is spacious enough for our party of 3 on an overnight stay & offered a clean indoor pool and exercise room. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would surely recommend!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Elmwood, Illinois
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed two nights at the Northfield Inn. It is very clean and quiet. All the employees were friendly and courteous. The banquet facility was right there at the hotel and the food was great. We would stay there again. There are restaurants within a short walk.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
eureka, il
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We were pleasantly surprised to arrive at Northfield Inn where the colors were bright and new, the place very clean and the new bedding soft and white! The rooms were spacious and again very clean. The staff was very friendly and courteous.
We were at a conference and it was nice to relax in a hotel such as Northfield.
The lights above the bed, nightlights were an added plus and just the right touch.
The breakfast was good, also.
The rooms even had microwaves, small frig, and table and chairs.
Excellent place!