“Spacious rooms-large hotel”

Northfield Inn, Suites & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We booked 3 rooms with 2 queens each and they accommodated us by giving us ground floor for the 2 who didn't ambulate well. Big rooms, very clean. We liked the microwave, mini fridge and extra sink. There are probably no great views from any window, but that would be true anywhere in Springfield.. I had trouble with all the light coming in from the parking lot, but I know safety is first. Also could hear someone walking in the room above in the middle of the night, but that is not hotel's fault. There was a large group of teens there for a convention, but could not hear them and was not inconvenienced by them. Coffee and cookies in the lounge all hours was great. Breakfast average.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cheaptravel_10
There are newer reviews for Northfield Inn, Suites & Conference Center

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I was impressed as soon as we pulled up to the hotel. The outside is really attractive and inviting. Entering the lobby gave me a nice warm, feeling and we were very pleasantly greeted. One drawback is that we had to walk up the stairs to our room on the second floor. Not a problem for us, but if stairs are a problem, you will want to request a room on the first floor. The room was large and very clean. I also didn't notice that weird hotel smell you have in some hotels. The bathroom was large and it was a plus that there were 2 sinks in the room. There was coffee and water in the lobby at all times and the clerk quickly made more when it ran out. The pool was very nice looking, although we did not use it. The bed though was a little less than comfortable, as it was not a pillow top. I also thought it was pretty quiet in the hotel even though it was pretty well booked.
Breakfast was good in the morning. There were scrambled eggs, sausage, assorted breads and pastries, cereal, fruit and waffles, along with juice and coffee. All fine and the breakfast room seemed to have plenty of seating.
There are several restaurants very close by.
I would definitely stay here again. All in all a fine experience.

Room Tip: If you can't do stairs, request a room n the first floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Nothing too special about this place. Stayed here for my brother's wedding; they held their reception in one of the conference rooms.
Rooms were clean and spacious enough. Bathroom was same. We had 2 double beds. Bathroom had extra sink/vanity outside main bathroom. Our room had a "lovely" view of the indoor pool. Staff seemed helpful, but we didn't really need anything.
Continental breakfast was meh, as continental breakfasts tend to be.
Overall, I'd stay here again, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do so.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I will admit I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room for the price paid. The room was huge and very update... plus had a mini fridge and a microwave.

During my visit, I ended up needing a bit of assistance from the front desk with printing and faxing documents for work. The gal was extremely helpful and pleasant with my needs.

If you are looking for a nice, cost effective hotel, within driving distance to everything Springfield has to offer, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Maureen1771
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 3 night stay at this lovely little hotel in Springfield. We would definitely stay there again. The hotel was extremely clean, our room was spacious and comfortable with a very nice bathroom, the pool was spotless, hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, every night in the lobby they offered a free newspaper, cookies and coffee, breakfast was included, and finally it is not far to drive to all the wonderful historical sites in Springfield.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank momdad44
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here and were very pleased with the experience. We didn't get the king size bed we requested; due to booking through a discounter, I'm sure. But we still liked our room. Great beds and lots of pillows! Nice sized bathroom, with a really nice shower; i.e. good water flow with various settings. Free breakfast was included. BUT- please note that you only get eggs and bacon, healthier choices etc. on certain days. We didn't realize this, and were very disappointed at the sad selection we faced on Saturday morning. The breakfast room was packed with people, but they were not finding the selection pleasing either; English muffins, bread, waffles, instant oatmeal, cereal and fruit cocktail out of a giant can. No protein options. If you're diabetic, wheat allergic, or some other condition that prohibits LOTS of carbs and sugar - you need to go out (lots of restaurants, fast food nearby) or bring your own source of nourishment on these days. This hotel is only 10 minutes from downtown Springfield and sites. Very easy access off of the interstate. Quiet location and cozy lobby. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2013

First of all, this isn't a five star hotel. I think it's rated a 2-3, depending on your rating site. That being said, for the price I paid, I was very, very happy with this place and I think you would really have to have 5-Star expectations to find anything to truly complain about. I booked this on hotwire for $70.00 a night, staying two nights. Unfortunately, Hotwire forgot to tell the hotel. However, they made things right immediately, contacted the booking agent while I was right there, gave them some grief for screwing up my check in, and got me into a room right away. I was a little concerned however, as the room was directly off the main lobby and right next to the business center. I thought, "Oh, great! I am going to be hearing people coming and going all night long and a ton of noise!" Not so! I heard absolutely nothing, save for a group of teenage girls going back to their room about an hour after check in, giggling and laughing like teenage girls do while walking through the hallway. Lasted less than a minute, and that is the only noise I heard in the two days that I stayed there.

The room itself is very nice, super clean, and of average size. We booked a room with two queen beds, but I don't think the photos do it justice. When I saw the red carpeting in the pictures, I thought, "UGH!! Dated red carpeting!" But it is actually kind of an orangey red, and brand new! Likewise, the furniture all seems to be brand new, as well! And I really appreciated the fridge and microwave in the room, as my mother was traveling with me and she was planning to stay all day in the room while I was away at a meeting in another part of town and had the car. We had picked up some food for her that she was able to keep cold all night and heat up the next day, so she wasn't stuck there without a hot meal.

Speaking of food...they also have a nice free breakfast that is included with the room fee. It is a pretty nice variety...bagels, rolls, bread for toast, waffles, oatmeal, cereal, juice, coffee, tea, fruit, etc. one day there were eggs & sausage...which saves a traveler at least $10-$20 a day, depending on where you eat breakfast. The dining room was very clean, and even though they were busy, we did not have any trouble finding a place to sit. There are plenty of tables. And there is also a coffee pot and hot water dispenser with lemon water and tea bags in the lobby for after hours.

If you want to venture out, there seems to be plenty of fast food places right up the street. I can't remember what was all there for sure as we did not go to any of them, but I do remember there was an Arby's right there, and a Walmart a little further down the street as well if you need to pick anything else up, so super convenient.

I have to think really hard here to come up with anything to complain about, but the only thing I found less than stellar was the bathtub drain, which ran very, very slow. When I took a shower, there was standing water. However, it drained out rather quickly once the water stopped, so I think this is probably just a quick fix and certainly nothing that would prevent me from booking here again.

Overall, I think this is an awesome hotel with enough bells and whistles...free internet service in your room, too, which worked without a hitch...to make it well worth the time and money. Personally, I would not hesitate to stay here again, and probably will. Nothing over the top fancy-schmancy, but definitely a well above average stay in a nice, clean space with a staff that knows how a guest should be treated!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business