“Way More Than We Expected”

Northfield Inn, Suites & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We selected this location because it was conveniently located to the event we were attending, and we got a great price. We weren't expecting much, but were pleasantly surprised. Our rooms were large, clean, and comfortable. Breakfast was also much better than you would usually expect from a hotel in this price class. I didn't try the swimming pool, but it seemed to popular with the families. Staff was friendly and helpful. WiFi signal was strong no matter where I was. In fact, I can't think of a single thing I'd like them to do better than they already do. Would certainly stay if I ever come back to Springfield.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We booked 3 rooms with 2 queens each and they accommodated us by giving us ground floor for the 2 who didn't ambulate well. Big rooms, very clean. We liked the microwave, mini fridge and extra sink. There are probably no great views from any window, but that would be true anywhere in Springfield.. I had trouble with all the light coming in from the parking lot, but I know safety is first. Also could hear someone walking in the room above in the middle of the night, but that is not hotel's fault. There was a large group of teens there for a convention, but could not hear them and was not inconvenienced by them. Coffee and cookies in the lounge all hours was great. Breakfast average.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cheaptravel_10
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I was impressed as soon as we pulled up to the hotel. The outside is really attractive and inviting. Entering the lobby gave me a nice warm, feeling and we were very pleasantly greeted. One drawback is that we had to walk up the stairs to our room on the second floor. Not a problem for us, but if stairs are a problem, you will want to request a room on the first floor. The room was large and very clean. I also didn't notice that weird hotel smell you have in some hotels. The bathroom was large and it was a plus that there were 2 sinks in the room. There was coffee and water in the lobby at all times and the clerk quickly made more when it ran out. The pool was very nice looking, although we did not use it. The bed though was a little less than comfortable, as it was not a pillow top. I also thought it was pretty quiet in the hotel even though it was pretty well booked.
Breakfast was good in the morning. There were scrambled eggs, sausage, assorted breads and pastries, cereal, fruit and waffles, along with juice and coffee. All fine and the breakfast room seemed to have plenty of seating.
There are several restaurants very close by.
I would definitely stay here again. All in all a fine experience.

Room Tip: If you can't do stairs, request a room n the first floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Nothing too special about this place. Stayed here for my brother's wedding; they held their reception in one of the conference rooms.
Rooms were clean and spacious enough. Bathroom was same. We had 2 double beds. Bathroom had extra sink/vanity outside main bathroom. Our room had a "lovely" view of the indoor pool. Staff seemed helpful, but we didn't really need anything.
Continental breakfast was meh, as continental breakfasts tend to be.
Overall, I'd stay here again, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do so.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I will admit I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room for the price paid. The room was huge and very update... plus had a mini fridge and a microwave.

During my visit, I ended up needing a bit of assistance from the front desk with printing and faxing documents for work. The gal was extremely helpful and pleasant with my needs.

If you are looking for a nice, cost effective hotel, within driving distance to everything Springfield has to offer, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Maureen1771
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 3 night stay at this lovely little hotel in Springfield. We would definitely stay there again. The hotel was extremely clean, our room was spacious and comfortable with a very nice bathroom, the pool was spotless, hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, every night in the lobby they offered a free newspaper, cookies and coffee, breakfast was included, and finally it is not far to drive to all the wonderful historical sites in Springfield.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank momdad44
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here and were very pleased with the experience. We didn't get the king size bed we requested; due to booking through a discounter, I'm sure. But we still liked our room. Great beds and lots of pillows! Nice sized bathroom, with a really nice shower; i.e. good water flow with various settings. Free breakfast was included. BUT- please note that you only get eggs and bacon, healthier choices etc. on certain days. We didn't realize this, and were very disappointed at the sad selection we faced on Saturday morning. The breakfast room was packed with people, but they were not finding the selection pleasing either; English muffins, bread, waffles, instant oatmeal, cereal and fruit cocktail out of a giant can. No protein options. If you're diabetic, wheat allergic, or some other condition that prohibits LOTS of carbs and sugar - you need to go out (lots of restaurants, fast food nearby) or bring your own source of nourishment on these days. This hotel is only 10 minutes from downtown Springfield and sites. Very easy access off of the interstate. Quiet location and cozy lobby. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family