“Bang for your buck!”

Northfield Inn, Suites & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I won this room on Hotwire and what I deal I got! We were just using this as a one night road trip spot and it did not disappoint. Very nice small hotel with nice upgraded spacious rooms! When road tripping it's nice to find the least expensive hotels with the nicest atmosphere. Breakfast was decent a step above continental but for the price I'm definitely ok with that!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank MrsChuckCheermom
There are newer reviews for Northfield Inn, Suites & Conference Center

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Northfield Inn is close to the 55 and the airport.
We were away for business for 2 weeks and this is one of the nicest places we stayed in.
Our rooms were much more than we expected for the price we paid. Large, very clean, and with comfortable beds. Bathroom was the large and very clean.
The breakfast was average, but better than most places.
I would stay here again if I come back to Springfield and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The hotel was clean and located near the airport, but don't stay here if you actually need to sleep. The indoor pool is located in the center of the hotel and surrounded by rooms, as a result the rooms are very loud. Our room overlooked the pool and I heard everything taking place. To make this poor layout even worse, the management gave special permission to a large group to have a party after regular pool hours on a weeknight.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Mtott
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The hotel has nice curb appeal. The room was clean, comfortable, and well priced. The location is good, with easy access from the Interstate. The area in which the hotel is located appears to be under development, and the hotel looks relatively new. I would stay here again and recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Hotel has long hallways.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We selected this location because it was conveniently located to the event we were attending, and we got a great price. We weren't expecting much, but were pleasantly surprised. Our rooms were large, clean, and comfortable. Breakfast was also much better than you would usually expect from a hotel in this price class. I didn't try the swimming pool, but it seemed to popular with the families. Staff was friendly and helpful. WiFi signal was strong no matter where I was. In fact, I can't think of a single thing I'd like them to do better than they already do. Would certainly stay if I ever come back to Springfield.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We booked 3 rooms with 2 queens each and they accommodated us by giving us ground floor for the 2 who didn't ambulate well. Big rooms, very clean. We liked the microwave, mini fridge and extra sink. There are probably no great views from any window, but that would be true anywhere in Springfield.. I had trouble with all the light coming in from the parking lot, but I know safety is first. Also could hear someone walking in the room above in the middle of the night, but that is not hotel's fault. There was a large group of teens there for a convention, but could not hear them and was not inconvenienced by them. Coffee and cookies in the lounge all hours was great. Breakfast average.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cheaptravel_10
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I was impressed as soon as we pulled up to the hotel. The outside is really attractive and inviting. Entering the lobby gave me a nice warm, feeling and we were very pleasantly greeted. One drawback is that we had to walk up the stairs to our room on the second floor. Not a problem for us, but if stairs are a problem, you will want to request a room on the first floor. The room was large and very clean. I also didn't notice that weird hotel smell you have in some hotels. The bathroom was large and it was a plus that there were 2 sinks in the room. There was coffee and water in the lobby at all times and the clerk quickly made more when it ran out. The pool was very nice looking, although we did not use it. The bed though was a little less than comfortable, as it was not a pillow top. I also thought it was pretty quiet in the hotel even though it was pretty well booked.
Breakfast was good in the morning. There were scrambled eggs, sausage, assorted breads and pastries, cereal, fruit and waffles, along with juice and coffee. All fine and the breakfast room seemed to have plenty of seating.
There are several restaurants very close by.
I would definitely stay here again. All in all a fine experience.

Room Tip: If you can't do stairs, request a room n the first floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple