“Lunch”

Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Manchester, Missouri
“Lunch”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Found this bakery/restaurant by accident, touring Lincoln's home. Excellent fresh food for lunch with many choices. The bread was outstanding. They had many excellent choices from their bakery, all done with non-bromated flour. Very busy with local folks, which is always a good sign. Would return!

• Visited December 2013

California
“Unique for Springfield ”
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Good food, neat ambiance, fabulous desserts. Good for going with friends, or getting some work done. Nice alternative to all the chain restaurants.

“Wow!! What a wonderful experience”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This Victorian home was filled with amazing lunch items filled with fresh and healthy ingredients. Then...the desserts!! Amazing. Could not get enough of this place. Went there three days in a row. Love it

• Visited September 2013
“I will never go there again.”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

The only thing that this place has going for it is that it is in a beautiful historical home. I went there on my lunch hour from work. I waited 30 minutes before the waitress even brought me a drink which consisted of a hot unopened can of soda and a glass of mostly melted ice. After I waited 45 minutes for a cup of soup and a chicken salad sandwich for which I had paid $12, I demanded my money back because I had to go back to work. As I was leaving the restaurant I noticed that most of the people there were still waiting for their food. After looking at the portions of the few orders that were actually served to a few of the customers, I think this place is way overpriced and the food didn't look that great. if I pay $12.00 for chicken salad sandwich in Springfield, I expect to be impressed. I have no plans to return to this huge disappointment! !

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank glitzygrl65
Chicago, Illinois
“Yummmmm!”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

This place is great. It's located in an historic home, which automatically gives it charm. We were able to park on the street right in front (and it was lunch time on a beautiful May Friday). When you walk in, you walk through multiple rooms set with tables until you reach the back of the house. There, you get in line to order. Many delectable pastries and treats are on display. I get the impression that the lunch menu might change every day (I don't know for sure), because the day's menu was printed on computer paper and taped to the wall. The employees were very friendly and pleasant. My husband and I both ordered salads (his was an Asian-type salad, mine had grilled chicken with a sweet vinagrette) and we shared a cup of "Aztec Black Bean" soup - it was all delicious. Afterwards, we shared a piece of turtle pie and my husband had coffee. It was hard to decide which treat to get! We sat outside while eating our meal, as it was in the lower 70's and nice that day. The garden is beautiful, with a trellis and lots of flowers and foliage. Overall, I thought the place was adorable and quaint (maybe that's because I'm from a big city?), and I enjoyed both the atmosphere and food. Recommend.

• Visited May 2013