“Best Thai food in Springfield!”
Review of Mekong Cafe

Mekong Cafe
Ranked #67 of 491 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I love the food at Mekong! The pad Thai is always delicious, and I have never been dissatisfied with any menu other choice. The owners are friendly and happy to serve you. I only wish they were open on Saturday, as they are only open M-F. My family loves Mekong and eat there often:)

There are newer reviews for Mekong Cafe

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We just went to this restaurant despite loving Thai food for years. We are not sure how we overlooked the place. We dined in and the surroundings were a bit rustic but the service was pleasant. Not a Michelin 3 Star but tasty Thai. The also offer carry out. I would definitely recommend this place as an alternative to the Magic Kitchen which we frequent a lot. It doesn't seem to have a liquor license and I don't know how they feel about BYOB.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We have been going here for many years but have not thought to share our experience. What can I say? Great food, many choices, friendlyservice, BIG PORTIONS and budget prices. Outside is not the prettiest, but inside, it is very nice. We get the take-out for parties and its a big hit. We live on the west side and too often go to one of the many, convenient chains. This is so much better!

1  Thank Rich L
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Doing errands, wanted lunch but not a burger, Mekong so much better. Big portions, fresh flavor (not full of goo) great spring rolls. The spring rolls are reason to go there all by themselves; as good as the last time I was in Ho Chi Min city.

1  Thank Norman S
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

I had lived less than 2 blocks away from this place and had no idea. That is probably a good thing for my waistline and wallet, because I would have been here most days. So far, they are my favorite place for pad thai and crab rangoon. Those are the only two things I have ordered. Little more savory rangoons than the competition. They also look handmade. (I have no idea whether they actually are or aren't.)
The price is pretty typical as are the portions, but the value for me is that I think it tastes more expensive. Their hours make it difficult for me to frequent, but when I have business downtown around lunch, I pick this up.

1  Thank LaughingHyena