“Not a fan”
Review of Xochimilco Grande - CLOSED

Xochimilco Grande
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My family and I use to frequent this place 2 to 3 times a week. Not any more. The owner Jesus is no longer present. The manager on staff and the majority of the wait staff are not attentive or friendly. The prices have gone through the roof. The last several times I have been there they have overcharged me. The drink specials have gone downhill. I can go to La Fiesta in Springfield and pay 60% of what I'm charged at this Xochimilco and the staff is much friendlier. Maybe they should realize that the reason their restaurant is empty most evenings is because people won't put up with poor service and high prices.

1  Thank Nancy B
There are newer reviews for Xochimilco Grande

Reviewed 23 May 2013

We have ate at several Mexican restaurants over the years and this one is the best we have ever been to. The food was reasonably price with very good portions. The food was excellent, service was excellent and the atmosphere was great! Loved the waterfall in the middle of the restaurant and the nice fireplace they have.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I've been to all of the Xochimilco locations, and I really don't understand the appeal. Their service has always been fine and quick, but the food is mediocre at best. It is consistently rated the top Mexican restaurant in Springfield, so maybe it's just my personal taste. Other than the cheese sauce (which is really good), it's just okay. Nothing special. It's on the bottom of my list when it comes to good Mexican restaurants.

Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

Will the food was good it is WAY overpriced! Will not be returning. A family of four was over $40 to eat!

Reviewed 25 January 2013

Although it's in the middle of America's Corn Desert, flour tortillas appear to be de rigueur here, even for the enchiladas. The food is certainly not great (by Texas standards), and it is a little pricey, but if you long to be home with the armadillo, it'll do. Remember that most Illinois natives think that chili is all ground beef, beans, and pickle relish. I do not agree with the assertion, made by another reviewer, that the food is no better than Taco Bell. It is considerably better, and the Dos Equis is on tap and served in monumental glasses. The chips and salsa (the first place any Mexican restaurant can go wrong) were actually pretty good.